SEP accompaniment book
  • Thank you so much for putting this all together, this is fantastic! We just got a new organist who isn't so comfortable with Gregorian notation, so these are great, though I will need to write in the chords for him as he prefers that method.
    Thanked by 1paulellen1960
  • ryandryand
    Are there any others here who would like to see chord symbols included? It would not be much extra work for me to add them.
  • ryandryand
    Ben Yanke pointed out to me that the text for the 3rd Sunday of Advent had been misplaced (software hiccup). Now fixed.

Thanks to Ben for the proofreading. If anyone else finds any issues with this or any future postings, please let me know.
    Thanked by 1paulellen1960
  • ryandryand
    Holy Family and Mary Mother of God
    Thanked by 2lynnm paulellen1960
  • ryandryand
    Epiphany and Baptism of the Lord
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Is there a funeral set of these, Ryan? I'd love to start inching funeral music in the right direction!
  • ryandryand
    There are some drafts from the older thread.
  • Is this going to be published or a book. My choir/parish does need the support when chanting at this time.
  • ryandryand
    Yes.
    Thanked by 1elaine60
  • Thanks, and please do let us know when. :)
  • ryandryand
    The attached files contain all propers through the 5th Sunday of Ordinary Time (for year C).
    Thanked by 2lynnm paulellen1960
  • Can anybody please post the SEP accompaniments for Lent? Thanks so very much. I am particularly looking for offertory.
  • ryandryand
    They're in the works
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    FYI in the files posted above, the 4th Sunday begins with the Communion for the 3rd Sunday, and the 5th Sunday begins with the Communion for the 4th.

I'm still very grateful for all of this!
  • ryandryand
    Here is the entire Lenten season (all years).
  • Up to now I have been composing my own organ settings. This is a great resource and will be an incredible aid to me! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I assist at two parishes in different capacities. The pastor at one of them has given the "go" on singing the propers and has actually said they are the preferred and "proper" music for the Mass.
  • lynnm
    Fantastic job, Ryan! Many, many thanks for all your hard work. Are the books almost ready? Please do make them available for those of us outside the USA. God Bless!
    Sr. Lynn Marie
    Thanked by 1elaine60
  • Looking forward to the book. Is Holy Week and Easter available yet?
  • ryandryand
    I've been working on Easter the last few days. It's on the way.
    Thanked by 1elaine60
  • PeterG
    Any chance of posting Palm Sunday ahead of the Triduum, Ryan?
    PeterG
  • ryandryand
    Holy Week

(PeterG, Palm Sunday is included in Holy Week)
  • elaine60elaine60
    Thank you! Thank you!
    This has been very helpful.
    Can't wait to see Easter season. I know it never ends. :)
    Thanks.
  • I have looked through this year and last year, and I cannot find SEP accompaniments for St. Joseph. Would really like to use them if they exist. Could someone link me to them if they exist? Thanks!
  • Claire H
    Or maybe Ryan could put some together quickly for you?
  • elaine60elaine60
    Looking foward to Easter season posting and when it all gets published.
    This is very helpful.
  • Claire H
    Are the Easter Season accompaniments ready yet? Looking for this Sunday. :)
  • Claire H
    Never mind! Found it in last year's thread. :)
  • elaine60elaine60
    can someone post a link to last years thread.
    Thank you.
  • elaine60elaine60
    Thank you so much. These have been very helpful. :)
  • ryandryand
    2nd through 6th Sundays of Easter
  • Ryan, I cannot thank you enough. Between you and Adam Bartlett, the beauty is once again rising from the ashes. The destruction that has been done to the liturgy is being repaired! The pastor loves these chants in that I combine them with the hymns that immediately follow the chant. Works well as we begin a long period of transition.
    May our Lord Jesus through the Holy Spirit continue to bless your work!
    Thanked by 2elaine60 Mark M.
  • lynnm
    Ryan, is the book almost ready? Looking forward to it! God Bless!
  • elaine60elaine60
    Looking forward to the book also. Hope it is progressing well.
  • Claire H
    Ryan, do we have accompaniment for the Communion Antiphon for Ascension, year C? I am having rehearsal in less than an hour and it seems like that one isn't one here... :/
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Claire, accompaniment files for Ascension can be found over at the older thread, on this page. If your diocese has the solemnity transferred to this Sunday, perhaps you'll still be able to use it this weekend!
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Uh… well, oops, I was wrong. That was for Year B. I'm not sure if Ryan ever posted Year C for Ascension. I'm still grateful for all of these!
  • ryandryand
    Taking a break from these to deal with some personal matters. Hopefully everything posted so far will suffice for now.
  • Can anyone direct me to an accompaniment for the Introit for the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart ("The thoughts of his heart..")? I wasn't having much luck searching here on my own, and wondered if Ryan had posted one in the past. Thanks!
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    Ryan, I hope you're well. (Sincerely! Not just because I'm wishing that SEP accompaniments the 10th Sunday of Ordinary time were available.)
  • lynnm
    In case anyone needs the accompaniment for the Communion ant. for the 12th Sunday Year C it is identical to the 24th Sunday Communion Ant. Year B.
    Hope Ryan will be back with us soon!
  • lynnm
    Hi Ryan, is there any chance you will get back to posting the rest of the accompaniments or offer the completed book for sale in the not too distant future? Hope you are alright.
  • ryandryand
    Yes! I apologize for the delay. I had hoped to have it done by now, but this summer brought some challenges. The biggest hurdle being that my laptop was stolen (!!!) so I've been writing everything out by hand, waiting until I can get to a computer with Sibelius. God willing, I should have access soon. All but a few of them are written now, so its just a matter of inputting everything and formatting it for the book. I won't make any predictions on timeframe, that's jynxed me every time ... but it will be completed "soon." Whatever that means.
    Thanked by 1Mark M.
  • elaine60elaine60
    ryand-Sorry to hear about your computer. Lifting up in prayer that it all works out.
    In God's time as they say.
  • lynnm
    Thank God you are alright! Sorry about the theft. Hope things will take a turn for the best now. Will be grateful to have the completed book when it is made available.
  • lynnm
    Hi Ryan! Any chance the remainder of the accompaniments will be posted soon? Thanks!
  • ryandryand
    The complete book will be posted by Advent.
  • ryandryand
    I knew I would jinx it with the above post ... the deadline is now TBA. The good news is that all harmonies are written. Have been for awhile. The setback is due to difficulty getting regular access to a computer with Sibelius. My apologies for the continued delays / false hope on this. I still intend on completing this, as technology allows.
  • chonakchonak
    You know, I think if you were to set a crowdfunding budget to get you a computer with Sibelius (to replace the one stolen), I think people would support it.
  • BenBen
    I'd chip in.