SEP organ/choral accompaniments
  • ryandryand
  • ryandryand
    It might be Thurs/Fri until I get Easter Sunday up. These next few weeks are going to be very busy for me, academically.

Anybody really counting on these for rehearsals this week?
    You can at least practice the Communion from the Vigil (previously posted), which is the same.

If you need the Introit or Offertory before Thurs/Fri, let me know and I'll burn some midnight-oil to get it out.
  • Claire H
    One request: is it possible for you to start including the full text of the Gloria? Right now I am handwriting it in for my accompanists because they are not familiar enough with these yet to automatically know when to change the note.
  • Claire H
    More more idea, if not too much trouble: it would be very helpful to have the second page titled with the day, antiphon, and page #...

for example:
    Simple English Propers
    Easter Sunday Communion Antiphon
    page 2
  • ryandryand
    Claire,
    Do you mean the Glory be... (etc)?
    I was posting those awhile back in separate files. Haven't finished all modes yet.

Re: format of 2nd page / verses, this is something I have considered and most likely change to at some point.
  • ryandryand
    Apologies for the delayed posting. Here are the Easter Sunday propers:
  • ryandryand
    Easter Sunday - Introit
  • ryandryand
    Easter Sunday - Offertory
  • ryandryand
    Easter Sunday - Communion
  • lynnm
    Thanks for all your hard work. Hope you have had a Happy Easter! And get a bit of much needed rest.
  • Happy Easter!!! Christ is Risen. Indeed He is Risen!
    Thanked by 1amanda.palister
  • Claire H
    Ryand, yes, I meant the full "Glory be" text.

May I ask if there is a regular time that you tend to post these? (i.e. a usual number of days before the upcoming Sunday)? Since our practices are Tuesday evenings it would in general be extra helpful if they were available before then...just wondering. :)
  • ryandryand
    Claire,

I do hope to be more regular soon, once academia loosens up for the summer.
    My goal is to return to being a week (or more) ahead of schedule.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Yes, when things loosen up you will be more regular. Thanks for the status update on this.
  • ryandryand
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • ryandryand
    Here are tomorrow's.

The Communion verse is the same as Easter Sunday, so I just made a separate PDF. You'll still be able to use it with the 2-page format.

I have the 3rd Sunday completed, just need to input some verse texts, so it should be posted much earlier this week.
  • ryandryand
    3rd Sunday of Easter
  • ryandryand
    Here are the "High Key" versions for the 3rd Sunday of Easter.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • This may be a weird question, but what key will the 4th Sunday versions be in? My cantor strongly protested last week after I taught it to her in C and then the accompaniment was in A...yay for transposing dials...
  • AndrewK
    ryand

Would it be possible to get a copy of the 5th Sunday? I have sub coming and would like to have it for her soon.
  • ryandryand
    YellowRose,
    With the low keys:
    Introit in Bb, the other 2 in Gm.
    One whole step higher for the high keys.
    If you need otherwise, let me know.
  • ryandryand
    Andrew, probably not until next week.
    Thanked by 1AndrewK
  • ryandryand
  • Claire H
    Rehearsal in two hours and I know my elderly organist will be asking for the music...is the 4th Sunday by chance ready yet? =)
  • Claire H
    I'm also thinking what a terrific resource it will be when you have made it through a complete cycle and perhaps CMAA or someone else will want to offer a printed book! ;)
  • AndrewK
    ryand,

Not a problem. Should be fine. I didn't see your post about being in school. Best of luck in your studies!
  • Hello Ryan,
    I haven't posted in a while, but I have been downloading your posts every week. These are invaluable for certain squarenoteaphobic cantors and organist that I have to deal with. We look forward to the day when all your hard work will be assembled into a book.
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • lynnm
    Hello Ryan,
    Any chance the 4th Sunday of Easter will be up soon? We are six hours ahead of you in England so Sunday comes quickly! Thanks!
  • ryandryand
    I will have the 4th Sunday up by tomorrow morning - so in time for Sunday.

Claire, I'd certainly love to have this in print some day.
  • lynnm
    Dear Ryan,
    Just make the complete book available on Lulu - we need Advent plus 7th, 8th and 9th Sundays of Ordanary Time plus what is still to follow - and many will buy it. I know I will even though I've been downloading each Sunday. Also, you may be pleased to know that the Carmelite Monastery in Notting Hill, London will also start using the SEP. I plan to recommend it and your work at the Monastic Musicians Meeting in September. Looking forward to your book!
  • We are using the SEP here in Barking, East London, UK, a very ordinary parish in many ways. The accompaniments help. Once we have been using them for a year or so, and they come round again, people will begin to remember them. The notation is also a way in to the historic Latin repertoire. Parish liturgy has been "on hold" for more than 30 years. This is a very hopeful development. We would certainly buy several copies of any book of accompaniments.
  • ryandryand
    4th Sunday of Easter - Introit
  • ryandryand
    4th Sunday of Easter - Offertory
  • ryandryand
    4th Sunday of Easter - Communion
  • ryandryand
    I'm humbled by your interest in the book. That's certainly motivation to continue.
  • lynnm
    Hi Ryan! Depending on you to get the 5th Sunday of Easter up soon. Thanks!
  • Claire H
    Me too!
  • ryandryand
    They'll be up this afternoon, I'm working on them right now!
  • i need the introit for 5 pm mass :(
  • ryandryand
    5th Sunday of Easter - Introit

(YellowRose, I hope that this reaches you in time)
  • ryandryand
    5th Sunday of Easter - Communion
  • ryandryand
    5th Sunday of Easter - Offertory
  • Ryand, I have a question concerning the Communion Proper....I think I might have taught the choir the wrong one but, just wanted to double check. Shouldn't the proper be that of the one "I am the vine?" not totally positive on this but the one posted is the one about Andrew telling his brother we have found the Messiah. Again, this could be my oversight just wasn't sure. Once again, thank you for all your hard work putting these together. J.A.P
  • ryandryand
    Good catch! Two of these are wrong ... how embarrassing. The Introit is correct, for the others I was looking at the wrong week. My apologies.

• It was never my intention to embarrass you. I just thought I might have read the wrong file on the SEP page. But, I don't blame you either this has been a busy week for me as well with this being the last week of classes and next week finals, so I completly understand about be streched too thin and being busy.
  • lynnm
    Thanks, Ryan! Get yourself a bit of rest. We are always prepared to sing the propers without organ but it is a help when we have the organ's support. Looking forward to the remaining weeks!
  • ryandryand
  • ryandryand
    6th week of Easter - Introit (corrected)
    Thanked by 1lynnm
  • lynnm
    Thank You! You are an angel!
  • Ryan - sorry to have to bring this up, since I really really appreciate your getting it out and getting it out early, but there are a couple of wrong notes in the 6th Sunday Introit! On "earth" you've got E-F-E (high version) but it should be G-A-G. Then on "people" the final note of the second syllable should be another E but instead there's a G....

Again, not trying to be a pain, just thought I should point these out in case people were using these to teach cantors/choirs. (I'm not - which is actually how I caught it, because I already taught it to my choir using neumes...)