Sung General Intercessions for Good Friday
  • AOZ
    Can someone help me find this before tomorrow? I'm working with Father in the morning. Thanks.
  • BenBen
    Is this what you need, Arlene? This is straight from the Missal, so you can prep him with this, then sing it from a missal on Friday.

• BenBen
    Attachments don't seem to be working. It's in your email inbox.

edit: Ha! Now it works after I say that!
  • AOZ
    Thanks, Ben. You save me lots of time!
  • I noticed that the congregational part has been removed. "For the sake of your Son, have mercy Lord." Or do we just assume it's there, and sing it anyway?
  • Ted
    The Missal excerpt here in Ben's pdf post above makes a reference on the first page just before the first invitation/intention to a simple and a solemn tone for singing. If the "Let us kneel" invitation is used, then these are meant to be sung to the solemn tone. Does anyone have any idea what this is about, that is, is there another solemn tone printed to this elsewhere in the Missal?
  • jpal
    Ted,
    The solemn tone is the one that appears in the above PDF. The simple tone can be found in the appendix.

Here's my guess about this instruction:
    The tone for "Let us kneel" is the same as "Let us pray" in the case of the solemn tone. The Missal apparently does not envision that "Let us kneel" would be sung to the simple tone. Thus, if "Let us kneel" is sung, then it would follow that the priest's prayer which follows ought to match it.

Jon