• A composition concerning death and accepting full unity with Christ.
    Link: https://youtu.be/KDEyjGIcWOU
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I saw the title of this thread and wondered immediately, "Who is the soprano in need of prayer?"
  • CharlesW
    Actually, about half of them. But those altos often need an exorcism.
  • “Lord have mercy on me, a singer.“
  • Lol Ah... just the comments I was expecting! Well alright.
  • Alex,

The ostinato is a feature of several of your compositions. ( I try to avoid that sort of thing, myself, so it really stands out to me).

It's a very striking piece, but I think I would need to listen to it multiple times to understand it properly.

One other comment: do you intend this for college concert choir performance (or solo recital, for that matter) or in some other setting?

• CharlesW
    Yeah, that was my question, too. What is your intended audience for this piece?
  • m. 27-29, I have one question: what soprano hurt you? That two-measure stretch is brutal! From B4 to F#5. That I would change.
  • I'm not sure about the effect created by the continuous parallel 4ths in the RH. It seems quite unsettling, which does not seem to fit with the text of the piece.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • @LauraKaz, I actually find the constant parallel fourths to be very beautiful. It is reminiscent of church bells to my ears. @CharlesW, I intend the audience to be those attending a solo recital or a concert of various performers singing various art songs.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • Nisi
    I like this piece. Is the recording electronically generated? If so, I find the piano playing relentless and unattractive (rather spoiling the listen for me); if not, I apologize! I don't think it's at all difficult for a good singer. It's definitely for a mezzo, though. Thank you!
  • francis
    It’s an interesting piece. I think if you found a way to employ mirroring movement in the RH it would be much more interesting. Eg. d,r,m,d,r,m,m,r,d,m,r,d. It would be more wave like especially if varried as it progressed.