Lux et Origo (NOH) : Condensed, Enlarged with Solemnes Markings
  • francis
    If any one is accompanying Mass I with the NOH, here is a condensed, enlarged rendition with Solemnes markings. Will post as I finish them in the next few hours or days.
    Thanked by 1sdtalley3
  • shawnk
    Would you happen to have this in editable format (such as XML) for those who need to adjust the key? ;)
  • francis
    Sorry, it is just a scan.
    Thanked by 1shawnk
  • shawnk
    Well does your scanner have a transposer dial?
    Thanked by 1francis
  • chonakchonak
    Some organ consoles have a transposer option.

Alternatively, software exists to read scanned scores; once you've done that, you can transpose.
  • Some organ consoles have a transposer option

Other devices from the pit of hell include ....?
    Seriously, though, it turns out that the transposer button came up this morning. A well-meaning choir member asked me if I knew that the machine had one. I reported that it wouldn't help anything, since when I see a b, I expect to hear a b, and not something else.

He replied "Blessing..... curse"
    I nodded agreement.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • ServiamScores
    I certainly don’t have a grudge against transposers... having recently had my priest request the entire ordinary we have been singing for a year be taken down a bit, putting it in a very awkward key to play with many flats, I would have loved to twist a dial one or two clicks rather than completely re-engrave (and relearn) a whole ordinary.
    Thanked by 2francis CHGiffen
  • francis
    @shawnk

There is another thread here where someone has completely reset the NOH... you might see if he will share his files. I just bumped the thread so you can contact the engraver, Andrew Hinkley.
  • francis
    final file for this project