Are you reading anything interesting?
  • CatherineS
    I read the introduction to a book of visions by Anne Catherine Emmerich, and found the story of her life very interesting (and not very different from the lives of some other mystical nuns I've read about). Her utter self-abandonment and trust in God was inspiring, even if my life is much more banal. The fact that she suffered a long part of her life outside of the convent (her order having been suppressed, she lived in a rooming house) touched a nerve, in our current context of being kept out of the Churches. (That said, I have just heard that the phased reopening of things is to begin tomorrow, so there may be some form of public liturgy soon.) In any case, the introduction was long and thorough, and engaging, but I didn't find the meat of the book engaging: that was accounts of her visions regarding the Passion of Our Lord. I'm not really into reading about people's visions these days. Maybe I'll come back to it another time.

In other reading, I actually managed to sing ALL of Matins yesterday for Pentecost, which I've never managed before. It is very long, took me an entire hour, and I was pooping out by the end of the psalms, but then I thought "that's more than half, keep going!" and sang the rest. It was made easier by the fact that major feasts like Pentecost have all the chant written out in the Liber, so I don't have to go flipping around in several books trying to find everything. That was really a lovely experience, and I'm thankful to have been sustained in finishing. Not likely to happen again til the next major feast. lol
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen bhcordova
  • mmeladirectress
    The Anti-Federalist Papers
  • mmeladirectress
    Scratched the Anti Federalist Papers. Too many of those battles lost already...discouraging.

I've started a re-read of Abp Fulton Sheen's "The Priest is not His Own". Helps my prayer life, and it is like fresh air to spend the summer in such company.
    Thanked by 1CatherineS