Processionale Monasticum PDF?
  • It would be extremely useful. Presumably no copyright issues given that so many Solesmes chant books are online.
  • JonathanKKJonathanKK
    There are two editions online, 1888 and 1893.
    Thanked by 1dombenedict
  • At least for me, both say "No ebook available". But as I understand, Google Books can be different depending on where you are.
  • tomjaw
    @dombenedict

To get round this I used the TOR browser... Google seems to think books are copyright when they are not.

Option 2 would be to get someone in the U.S. to put them on dropbox or other file sharing platforms.
  • @tomjaw, thank you much! Worked like a charm.

I've uploaded the file to my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DQPWgaUdfYS3RTTnhjTzFTWHc/view?usp=sharing
  • tomjaw
    N.B. Information for others trying this get round...

1. Of course the TOR browser only works to download google books if the final computer is in the country google allows the e-book to be read... Sometimes you need a 2nd or 3rd attempt.

2. The other option is to look on the Internet archive that does not restrict downloads by country.

3. There may be implications to running the TOR browser on certain computers/networks take care!
    Thanked by 1dombenedict
  • Hi, the link to google Drive is not working anymore. And I cannot access to the google books version (I'm in Europe). Would someone mind to share it again? Thank you!
  • tomjaw
    1736 edition here, http://bibliotecadigital.jcyl.es/i18n/consulta/registro.cmd?id=7262

I can download the above to the U.K.

I seem to have lost my copies of the 1888 / 1893 ed.'s will have to fire up TOR again.
  • Both opened right up for me in Chrome... maybe the issue was addressed?
  • tomjaw
    @Incardination

Google tracks where the computer is and then blocks access. So if I follow the link above Google tells me there is no e-book, but if I use a US computer via the TOR browser it will download.

I notice the Library of Lyons will give access if you are a member...

I am going to fire up the TOR browser and see if I can post the files on here.
    EDIT. Google has changed their set up, so while I can add them to my google library, I cannot download them.
  • chonakchonak
    There is a size limit, so if you'd like to make it available here, please send me a message with the link.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • tomjaw
    I have now managed to download the 1893 version and it is 17 MB... I have convinced Google I am in the U.S., while sat in London, U.K.

So do we want to upload it to Archive or to here?
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    Looking at the Terms of Service on Google Books, I can't tell if it's permitted for us to copy their file and set up our own hosted copy. Maybe we ought to scan the book ourselves and offer that.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw