OF Lauds Dec. 26-28?
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    So, my Pastor asked our schola to chant OF Lauds in Latin for Dec. 26, 27, 28 (Stephen, John, Innocents, respectively). Does anyone have the hymns, antiphons, and short responsories for these? Thanks!
  • Clemens,

If you wanted EF, I could help. I gave away my 4-volume LOTH collection (to a used book store, which remunerate me for my trouble) slightly more than a year ago.

I did petition for EF to no avail. Ah well, at least it’s in Latin, right?
  • RevAMG
    In case all you can do is English, here's some English resources...

Excerpts from the Like Burning Incense Antiphonary from the nuns of the Monastery of the Blessed Sacrament, Farmington Hills, MI. They permit reproduction as long as the notice of their copyright is included: "Settings by an anonymous Trappist monk. Copyright © 1984 Dominican Monastery of the Blessed Sacrament, Farmington Hills, MI 48334-2311. All rights reserved. Used with permission."

Excerpt from Fr. Samuel Weber, OSB's Hymnal for the Hours, which he posted in its entirety on his website. He permits reproduction as long as the following is included: "Chant settings by Fr. Samuel F. Weber, O.S.B. Copyright © 2017 Saint Meinrad Archabbey, St. Meinrad, IN 47577-1010. All rights reserved. Used with permission."

Proper copyright notice would be needed for the ICEL translation of the Liturgy of the Hours as well, although no royalty is charged for reprinting ICEL translations in a publication for use at a specific celebration of an individual congregation or institution. See ICEL's copyright page.
    Thanked by 1ClemensRomanus
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    According to Ordo cantus officii:

December 26, Lauds (also found in Les heures grégoriennes, pp. 466-478, vol I)
    H Christus est vita (LH 479)
    A1 Adhæsit anima (AM 250) + Psalmus 62 (63) de dominica hebd. I.
    A2 Stephanus vidit (AM 251) + Canticum Dan 3 de dominica hebd. I.
    A3 Ecce video (AM 251) + Psalmus 149 de dominica hebd. I.
    B Patefactæ sunt (Antiphonarium Cisterciense I, 112)

December 27, Lauds (also found in Les heures grégoriennes, pp. 484-496, vol I)
    H Cohors beata Seraphim (LH 483)
    A1 Ioannes apostolus (Antiphonarium Cisterciense I, 136) + Psalmus 62 (63) de dominica hebd. I.
    A2 Iste est Ioannes + Canticum Dan 3 de dominica hebd. I.
    A3 Dixit discipulis + Psalmus 149 de dominica hebd. I.
    B Verbum caro factum est

December 28, Lauds (also found in Les heures grégoriennes, pp. 502-514, vol I)
    H Audit tyrannus anxius (LH 485)
    A1 Ambulabunt mecum (Antiphonarium Cisterciense I, 156) + Psalmus 62 (63) de dominica hebd. I.
    A2 Dicunt infantes + Canticum Dan 3 de dominica hebd. I.
    A3 Ex ore infantium + Psalmus 149 de dominica hebd. I.
    B Innocentes pro Christo (AM 264)
    Thanked by 1ClemensRomanus
    Many thanks, all!
  • a_f_hawkins
    Just wondering whether the Antiphonarium Cisterciense can be found anywhere online. The chants from it listed above are not in Gregobase, nor in the Cantus databse.
    You can find the AC right here.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen a_f_hawkins
  • quilisma
    If not in Gregobase, then almost all antiphons can be found here:

http://gregorianik.uni-regensburg.de/

To search, just click on "+Filter hinzufügen" and then enter the first word(s) of the antiphon.
    It's a bit of scholarly resource, presenting antiphons from different sources, but could be of some use. You get the neums also !