First Crack at a Pilgrimage Booklet OLHR Mass and Vespers
  • JesJes
    Okay, so I have never made a booklet for a pilgrimage or mass or vespers or anything other than a Novus Ordo funeral.

Rather than typing out the chant myself I chose to use a public domain source for obtaining chant for Vespers. It does result in less neatness particularly concerning the hymn but I was on a tight schedule. I would normally wish to type it out myself or calligraphy the whole thing myself but I wasn't in as much of a monastic mood this week because of my pesky leftist master's degree making me write about gender theory... that's a story for another time.

I've also never tried to bold and italic the words like this before according to the modes. We normally just wing it, my friends and I.

Please do me a favour and be gentle! I would like some proofreading help; however, please!
    Curious to know what font would be closest to the chant script used and if there is too much of a clash.

Also curious to know does anybody have a St. Gall notation copy of the office and where do you get one from, please? I would love to make my own handwritten calligraphy version of the office with square notes and semiology before I die.
    Cheers,
    Jes
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • JesJes
    Here is the booklet sorry forgot to wait for my slow internet to upload...
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Are you familiar with THIS site? Search a chant, and check out for example CH-SGs 390.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • JesJes
    I LOVE THAT SITE! It puts me in touch with so much St Gall Notation! I loooooove it.
  • chonakchonak
    Can you post the document, please, in PDF format? That way, any necessary fonts will be included in the file; thus, the document can be viewed on all sorts of devices and operating systems.
    Thanked by 1Jes
  • Jes,

I'm a little late to the party, but if I were in your shoes I would have omitted the brackets and the information in them. One does not, for example, need to know that the Preces are omitted, since they wouldn't be included anyway on this feast. Most people who aren't trying to figure their own way through the Breviary need to know that these are the psalms and antiphons proper to the feast.

Thanked by 1Jes
  • JesJes
    Thanks Chris.