Worship III : Scanned Index from pew hymnal : Does anyone have this?
  • francis
    Hi:

I went digging around in all my boxes of books yesterday to find my copy of WIII without any luck. I contacted GIA, but they don't even have it... WHA? All I need is the index out of the pew hymnal as the one in the choir hymnal is not complete. Does anyone have a digital copy of this? Thanks!
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    I can get it for you tomorrow. Is there something specific that you need?
  • Hildegard
    I have one in the shelf right next to me if someone can tell me in the next 30 minutes or so how the heck I post a picture here from my phone.
  • francis
    You are each so kind. I can't believe that we've invested thousands of dollars into Worship hymnals from GIA and they can't even deliver a digital index file to me. It is simply unacceptable. It shows the bottom line ; money, and not customer support.

I give them another chance to make this good. Someone at GIA should be aware of the situation as watching this forum should be someone's daily gig.

The least they could've offered to do was to mail me a copy but they didn't even do that.
  • Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a digital index for W3. Considering when it was published, I can't imagine it was set using computers. It is almost 30 years old...
  • francis
    uh... you put the book in a copier and scan it in. it takes a few minutes, and any church copier pretty much does it now. it is still on the product list of their website and they still sell them. they DEFINITELY should have a scanned version. they have a scanned version of all their other products. it aint rocket science.
  • francis
    Thanks chonak. I don't need another hymnal, I just need a digital copy of the index at the moment. I have the entire hymnal scanned and on my computer. Besides, that one is marked sold.
  • chonakchonak
    You have the entire hymnal scanned, but not the index?
  • francis
    yes. i own two personal copies of wiii and can't at the moment put my hands on them, and the church has about 800 copies, but am not at the church.
  • chonakchonak
    How do you like that: somebody bought it four minutes after I posted the link!
  • francis
    chonak

thnx for looking it up just the same.
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    I've got several copies of w3 pew edition if anyone wants them.

I'm also disappointed that the hymns from W3 or W2 are not available for download from onelicense. The license grants permission to reprint, but one has to either scan it or re-engrave the whole thing. Gather Comp 1 is available but not W3.
    Thanked by 2francis irishtenor
  • francis
    Yes, Earl... I struggle with the same thing.
  • francis
    I finally got this. Thanx all.
  • francis
    ...and then yesterday, GIA sent me a scanned copy. Thank you GIA.

I took the list and turned it back into text with OCR. Here it is if anyone else needs it.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Earl_Grey
  • francis
    I sent these files back to GIA. They were thankful and said "these would come in handy."
    Thanked by 2chonak Ben
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Now, who has time to re-engrave all the hymns from W 2 & 3 and make them downloadable from onelicense ? ;)
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    I have the time if you have the money.
    Thanked by 2irishtenor Ben
  • francis
    Earl

I would rather re-engrave the hymns from the 1940 if I was doing hymns.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Adam Wood