Membership renewals
  • chonakchonak
    Dear CMAA Members,

It's membership renewal time for most of us: Winter issues of Sacred Music are arriving in mailboxes across the country, along with renewal envelopes.

You can renew your membership on-line at http://musicasacra.com/about-cmaa/membership/ , or send a check.

Please note that some issues of Sacred Music went out with old envelopes that are addressed to our old address in Richmond, VA. That address is still valid, but it'll help us if you can send your renewal to our new office address at

Church Music Association of America
    PO Box 4344
    Roswell, NM 88202

Thanks!

Richard

• bhcordovabhcordova
    So, can we now start discussion flying saucers and little green men?
  • chonakchonak
    The little green men will have to correspond to the correct liturgical color for the day.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • TCJ
    I received my winter issue, but no renewal notice. While I did sign up at the Colloquium last year, I believe that membership still ended with the coming of the new year, correct? If that's the case, I suppose I have to renew via the internet.
    Thanked by 1BruceL
  • chonakchonak
    TCJ, if you still have the envelope for that issue, what number appears above your name? If it's 141.4, your membership is up for renewal now.

• TCJ
    I no longer have the envelope - just the journal.
  • chonakchonak
    Lacking that, you can check with the CMAA office about your membership (contact@musicasacra.com). I expect that it probably runs into 2015, if you were not sent a renewal envelope with the journal.
  • TCJ
    I'll try that.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I mean darn, I got an envelope!
    Dah-nya-beet, I'm too old to know if my contributions are past due.
    And I have to slog through two articles about Viennese Masses? Are you kidding me?
    Thank God Mahrt's first article has some quotes I can sneek into the pastor's gestalt.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen CharlesW
  • Folks... sorry to have to say it, but somehow the shipping contractor seems to have missed enclosing envelopes in some of those for whom membership renewals were due. Most people who were not on auto-renew (paypal auto-renewal) should have renewals due now. If you aren't sure, shoot me an email and I'll let you know the status of your account...

gm at musicasacra dot com

Thanks for your patience.

• As time is drawing close to the issuance of the spring edition of Sacred Music, I am surprised by the number of memberships which have expired and have not yet been renewed. LOTS! I'm going to be digging into it this coming week to double-check, but I'm thinking the missing envelope problem may have been greater than I feared.

If you are wondering about the status of your membership, please contact me asap so that I can give you details. gm at musicasacra dot com.
  • TCJ
    I'm going to get around to renewing, but I was offline for the past week and a half so I couldn't renew online or print the form.
  • BruceL
    Janet, I emailed you this morning, but indeed, no envelope in my issue and evidently I'm one that should have received one. Will take care of this next week.
  • SalieriSalieri
    This very thing is the reason that when I joined three years ago I opted for the automatic pay-pal renewal. Yay for foresight!

On another point: will the little green men also have to be baptized?
  • joined online, hurrah!
  • I think the little green men should definitely be baptized... will let you know about that...

Thanks BruceL. I think the mailer company must have missed quite a lot of renewal envelopes this time. I have had so few renewals relative to the number there should be that I have resorted to sending out personal reminders to the entire unrenewed list. It has been tedious, but I see no other alternative...

I've finished the U.S. list, but haven't yet begun work on the international list...

Thanks all for your patience!