Feedback Needed: Sunday Antiphonary
  • I have posted about this before but I have made progress/changes and I was hoping to get feedback.

Since the last time I posted I have made one significant change. Before I was attempting to use the traditional psalm tones but in the end I decided for adapted and simplified tones for parish usability. This will also result in a more usable text and prevent the possibility of needing multiple volumes.

This PDF contains the entire Four-Week psalter, as well as some of the antiphons for Advent. In the back is an appendix containing the psalm tones and the tone for chanting the lesson.

In particular I am looking for feedback on the antiphon settings (things that should be changed, things that sound forced) and the psalm tones. I am experimenting with keeping a sort of incipit at the start of each tone, though adapted slightly. See the appendix for this.
    Thanked by 1igneus
  • I posted this around Thanksgiving so some people may not have had a chance to look at it. I would really appreciate suggestions/criticism particularly of the psalm tones and the method of adapting the antiphons.

Thank you.
  • chonakchonak
    It does look interesting. I suppose one will simply have to sit down and sing it, to get a sense for how the adaptations work.
  • BenBen
    Nice typesetting. Not squished, and dignified looking.

You might consider putting the entire psalm tone after each antiphon for accessibility.

Of the antiphons I sang through, I liked them.