Forum color scheme
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    This is great- i really disliked the green. Now I can view the Forum in its (more or less) original white and blue.
  • CharlesW
    Yeah, I like the choices, also. This lime green brings back my 50s childhood. I can visualize chartreuse upholstery and floral fiberglass drapes a bit too much. I think the color rage of the 50s was called seafoam green.
  • BenBen
    Chonak to the rescue, as always!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Nice option. But more comments are needed this thread is too short. And btw, I can't select "Original" because the box is at the bottom of my Firefox window, where the status line pops up and covers the bottom choice when I try to select it. Like trying to play a video game, catching the option before it jumps away.
  • chonakchonak
    Annoying, isn't it? I have no idea of how to fix it.
  • francis
    I like the new color a lot. Thanks.
  • chonakchonak
    Was it originally white and blue?

CharlesW, maybe we need a version in 70s avocado.
  • CharlesW
    No avocado! I remember that one, too, along with Mediterranean furniture and orange shag rugs. Don't ever think the good old days were as great as some would have you believe.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Chonak, a crude way to fix it would to be add a last choice, "Invalid", in your list ... just for those of use with certain browsers.
  • chonakchonak
    Well, I'll try to make the menu taller. Display it once, and then you should be able to scroll down and get all the options within clicking range.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Clearly the solution is to have a slider which goes from 33AD to 2013AD, letting you just set the version you'd like to see! As for me, I think I'll start at 823AD, and go from there. Sounds like a good year.
    Thanked by 3CharlesW Gavin francis
  • CharlesW
    Mine is now a peaceful, heavenly blue. Very relaxing. Kind of like having an on-screen Zen garden. Om.......
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Whee, thanks for improving the selector. I now have a boring white, blue, and ickish. I prefer the pink I first met.
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    It's always Ordinary Time at the Forum.

I prefer the pink I first met.

Can we please change it to rose on Gaudete and Laetare Sundays??
    Thanked by 1francis
  • Ally
    Rose would be AWESOME!

Does anyone else think the word "Forum" looks a little odd? The font seems odd to me.

Also, I too, like the choices. It is not that I am opposed to change, but the beige background is slightly more appealing than the green for me. I am enjoying the variety, though!
  • ghmus7
    Yes, I like the softer color, which partially dilutes the acedic
    content which sometimes appears.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • I must join the chorus (small as it seems to be)
    of those who thought the colour as it was before the green was quite good enough.
    It's not that there is anything, pe se, wrong with green:
    it's just these sickly, medicinal, (and rather colourless) pastels.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • chonakchonak
    There. The generic option is more generic now (i.e., more like the out-of-the-box color scheme).
  • CharlesW
    It's not easy being green....
  • chonakchonak
    There's a new option on the theme switcher (at the bottom of the page), called 'recto tono'.
  • Kathy
    Is there any way to hide all the new falderol?
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • GavinGavin
    WOAH. What?
  • Jani
    Oh my gosh...I LOVE this recto tono!!
  • TCJ
    Okay. We have white, green, and purple. Now we need gold (as an option in place of white), black, red, and rose.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • chonakchonak
    OK, you can have it in black.
  • TCJ
    Black is great! I think it will be my new standard.
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    Black is cool ... I'll have to wait and see how purple looks in black, though ...
  • chonakchonak
    A reminder: the forum "theme selector" at the bottom of the page can be used to change the forum to seasonal colors.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I like Ordinary Time all the time.
  • donr
    I thinks a new theme is in order for Lent.
    The black and the white are just a little too harsh.
  • chonakchonak
    Well, click on the "Theme Selector" at the bottom of the page and see your options. (BTW, this only works on the full desktop version of the forum, not the mobile version.)
  • SalieriSalieri
    I just clicked on the purple theme for Advent/Lent: It reminds me of the girls' birthday section of the party accoutrements isle of Stop & Shop. Or perhaps that "My little pony" Glory to God....
    Thanked by 2chonak mrcopper
  • mrcoppermrcopper
    It is a rather cheerful purple-pink combo, isn't it. Not exactly lentil.
  • CharlesW
    I never could abide the green, so I am back to the authentic, un-altered tan just as God intended it to be.