What is your favorite GIA or OCP hymnal ?
  • chonakchonak
    Melo, can you give two scenarios that differ only in what is programmed? If you don't do that, they don't relate to the question you are posing.
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Actually, Richard, neither of those scenarios had anything to do with my request to WO, but I knew someone would call me on incongruity. Those scenarios were just prompts to think about "what" can truly "damage" one's faith. No more, no less.
  • GavinGavin
    Does it breed bitterness? Then your faith is being damaged.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    "If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts." Bitterness is a seed not sown in our hearts by God, or tended by anything other than ego. In that regard, WO and I are in complete agreement. Make sure the seeds we sow are of God's voice. Dann, es gibts keine Probleme.
  • chonakchonak
    Anyway, to answer theloniouslopez' question: I liked Worship II, but I haven't seen it in use anywhere for years.
    Thanked by 1theloniouslopez
  • I made the "damaging faith" comment in response to an earlier comment. I don't personally see how any song in any afformentioned hymnal cold damage one's faith.

Melo - both of your scenarios would be distracting to me, but it will take a lot more than that to damage MY faith.

I wonder how damaging all the vernacular hymns during the consecration, etc. and bulletin-reading was back in the days leading up to Vatican II? Poor judgement is not a new problem.
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I had Worship III in the pews at a previous Church. It wasn't terrible and combined with sung propers and Psalms from other sources, it could be used to run a decent program. Yes, some of the word-changes in some hymns could be seen as regrettable, but overall it all could be decent in the hands of the right director.