• joerg
    A few days ago I've received a Nocturnale Vaticanum from Tilburg University in the Netherlands. There are no restrictions on copying this one, so I've made a scan of it which can be found here.
  • igneusigneus
    A slight off-topic inspired by this precious gift: @joerg, do you know if the Vatican Basilica canons still use the first Hieronymian psalter revision, "Psalterium Romanum", when praying the Divine Office?
  • Wonderful!! Thank you.
  • This was interesting to me:

AR 4*, in its rubric about what to do when the words of the antiphon are the same as the beginning of the psalm says:

... Si Antiphona componitur ex primo versu Psalmi, ut Ant. Qui habitat in Officio Dedicationis, Cantor in Officio Duplici incipit Psalmum cum initio a secundo versu (nisi in fine Antiphonae addatur Alleluia ; tunc enim resumitur Psalmus a primo versu.)

But when I looked up this example antiphon, in AR it was nowhere to be found. As a matter of fact, it turned out to be the 1st antiphon of the 3rd nocturne of Matins.

So, it is interesting to see just how much the folks who were putting together the Vatican Edition were keeping an eye on Matins as an eventual part of their project.
  • -b
    Does anyone know where I might obtain a copy of the 1963 Breviarium Monasticum? It is out of print, but may be lying in a box somewhere where they don't use it anymore.
  • -B,

I've checked, and what I used to have I no longer have.