Catholics do not stop attending Mass if they do not like the music.
  • Schools here hav
  • hartleymartin
    In my experience, good liturgical music is always a drawcard. St Patrick's Cathdral, Parramatta (West of Sydney, Australia) is an example of a rather horrible modern church building. But it has a magnificent late-19th century English Pipe Organ and a genius of a Director of Music who has no qualms with putting on some Palestrina or Victoria mass settings, Latin and English Motets and a wide variety of traditional music forms. We've managed to draw in people who used to be very ardent Latin-Mass attendees.

Of course, since good music is a drawcard, the other major drawcard for many is the fact that our Bishop is a Dominican who is very liturgically-minded and an excellent preacher.
  • CharlesW
    I have listened to many recordings on that instrument. You are correct, it is magnificent!
  • veromaryveromary
    Ah, I can only attest the building is awful. I might have to go check out the music.
  • CharlesW
    Here is a link for the organ. Pastór de Lasala plays Théodore Dubois' Grand Choeur in B Flat. There are some pictures of the building, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fuEzEk0oIY