The "routine reminders" included on most threads
  • chonakchonak
    This discussion was created from comments split from another thread, where it was a digression.
    Thanked by 1Carol
  • Carol
    I have a question regarding the gentle admonitions in the boxes. Are they in response to the post above or below them? Sometimes they seem to relate to neither and that is why I wondered. I have read posts that had no such reminders,where I might have put one if that was up to me. This conversation seems very civil, informative, and opinions are identified as such.
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, Carol:
    The messages are not displayed in response to any particular post. In fact, if you refresh this browser page, different messages will probably be displayed.
    --RC
  • Carol
    Wow, thank you for that information, I am so glad I asked. I must confess I did not read ALL of the items in the "new to the forum" or whatever it is called listed on the side of the first page. The information on the reminders might be good to add there.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    I just tried that and the message completely disappeared! No box, no message, nada.
  • Carol
    After I posed my question I did notice the words "Routine reminder..." but I didn't get the implication of the phrase. Thanks again!
  • chonakchonak
    bhcordova, the boxes seem to be displayed or not, depending on how the page is invoked.

Each forum thread can be forced to display from its start, like this:
    https://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/6516/liturgic-music-for-ttb-or-ttbb/p1

or it may be invoked to bring the user direct to the most recent comments, with a URL like this:
    https://forum.musicasacra.com/forum/discussion/comment/189432#Comment_189432

Some of these cause the reminder boxes to display, some don't.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Thanks, chonak. Glad to know what's going on, even if I don't fully understand why.
  • chonakchonak
    I haven't pinned down all the details, but don't plan to spend much time on it.