Hymn Tune: UNION SEMINARY ... need organ score of the hymn
  • lagunaredbob

Does anyone have a PDF copy of the four part organ score for the actual hymn tune UNION SEMINARY? I don't have any resources here in the Philippines, and I have not had any luck online. Thank you!
  • mgearthman
    Have you tried hymnary.org?

Heres the listing for the tune UNION SEMINARY.

pax.

http://www.hymnary.org/tune/union_seminary_friedell
  • lagunaredbob

Yes, I saw this, it appears you can only download the last four measures as included on the image of the hymn following it.
  • CharlesW
    There is a link on CPDL that has an accompaniment.

Go to cpdl.org and type in, "Come down O Love divine" There is a pdf. It's an anthem version with choral parts, but the accompaniment may work for you.
  • lagunaredbob

Yes, I see the Vaughan Williams, but with the tune DOWN AMPNEY and text "Come down O Love Divine," I need the tune UNION SEMINARY, the text usually associated with it, "Draw us in the spirit's tether. " I don't see that. Thank you for the lead, though.
  • CharlesW
    The copy I have is very much under copyright. I don't find any free copies anywhere.
  • lagunaredbob

Yep, same here ... thank you for checking!
  • Dave
    CharlesW is correct; "Union Seminary" is a modern tune and is still under copyright.
  • lagunaredbob

And what a wonderful tune it is ... and I love Callahan's arrangement ... I need to listen to others editions, too. I think Paul Manz had one.
  • Dave
    [edit]