• I do not do a lot of original composing but this has been swirling around in my head for too long to be ignored. (Too traumatized in the past to do this often, so please be kind or, as one's mum would say, 'if you can't say anything nice....')

The original is the Gb major version and lies perfectly for the three always-there-adults in my schola. The Eb transposition is for the sons of a friend, said sons who would sing the SA parts (down an octave) as a duet with their mum at the organ (with some adjustments in the baritone part in case it should be used SAB by groups who like a lower key).

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception to you all.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen R J Stove
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    This looks amazing, Patricia. Thank you so much.
    Thanked by 1Patricia Cecilia
  • I like this composition a lot. The writing has dignity without dullness, and is charming without being blatant. And I don't recall, off-hand, encountering any other motet which uses these particular words, although such motets must exist. Regrettably there is no local choral director I know to whom I could really recommend this work (if there were, I would be more inclined to cite the SAB version, as being better suited to the resources of choirs hereabouts). But fortunately America is not Australia, so I dare say - and hope - that Stateside directors of church music will be interested.