Summorum website
  • Here is the official Ecclesia Dei website dedicated to Summorum. It is Italian for now but all languages are coming. Very nice and exciting.

A funny side point. Note the background image is a Medici chant edition, the Preface for Pentecost. I'm nearly 100% certain it is taken from this image from online. This sheet I bought from ebay a few years ago, and scanned it and put it online. It is still sitting on my desk!

I hope that this is not a sign of the return of Medici chant! Surely it is just a visual. anyway, it is funny how things get around in this digital age.
  • Just think, if you had an ICEL-style copyright on that image you could dock the Vatican for all kinds of royalties.
  • Right! I could do the same if I were a state-funded museum, charging thousands to people who would dare display the artifact. I could also insist that only a certain number of people be permitted to view it, that everyone who does sign an End User License Agreement, and that they similarly swear to never reproduce it on paper or shut their eyes and imagine the image again lest I swing in a sue for robbery of my intellectual property.