Holy Hour for Children
  • A note from lorretto@gmail.com

Hello from Canada:

I wonder if you can help fairly urgently, or else refer me as you think appropriate.

We are organising a Catholic Holy Hour for children in the next four weeks and are urgently trying to source good quality, children appropriate music for O Salutaris, Tantum Ergo and the Divine Praises. Are you able to help us in this regard. If so, please let us know, if you have sheet music that we could purchase from you.

We have not tried the latin chants with our children yet, and wonder what are best for introducing them to this?

Thanks very much. Please could you get back to me soonest possible.

G. Johnson
  • miacoyne
    Can they use some songs from 'The Story of the Redemption for Children'? Or they could sing those Latin chants in English. Although I don't like them in English too much, they don't seem to have enough time to teach them in Latin. Maybe they learn in English first and then learn in Latin eventually.
  • CharlesW
    At our Catholic school's once monthly holy hour and benediction, we use "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence," the "Tantum Ergo" hymn by John F. Wade, and "Holy God, We Praise Thy Name." When the hour/benediction is held in the church rather than the school, we substitute "O Salutaris" by A. Werner for the "Let All Mortal Flesh." These are in the New Saint Basil Hymnal, and are probably in many other hymnals, as well. They are not hymns designed especially for children, but they sing them well. We never sing the Divine Praises with the children. We could, but haven't gotten around to that yet.