Beati omnes - 3 voices - Orlando di Lasso
  • aldrich
    Does any have a copy of Orlando di Lasso's "Beati omnes qui timent Dominum" in 3 voices? Even in the original mensuralist notation? I only have the 5-voice one and I think it will be an overkill if we insist on singing it.
  • It's in Bergquist v. 11 (Recent Researches in the music of the Renaissance v. 103). I'm willing to set one up for cpdl... if I do so, I'll reduce note values by half, as most people don't cope well with a whole-note beat.
  • aldrich
    I'd be glad to see that. I found a scan of the motet in IMSLP, and I just replicated the whole note beat. I'm not sure though if I did the right copy. One-day crash course in mensural notation smells of mediocrity.
  • It's in 2, and not many ligatures, so there aren't a lot of places to go wrong. I'll see if I can get on it this afternoon.
    Thanked by 1SamuelDorlaque
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    The version I see at IMSLP is the 5-part setting (SAATB).
  • aldrich
    The 3-part is not specifically linked. You have to download the entire 3-voice motet book, and look for each part. The book is divided intro three voices. All soprano parts are grouped together, as well as all tenor and bass parts. Beati omnes is number 40.
  • It's up, or will show up shortly, on cpdl. I put it up, and then realized with great embarrassment as I was dealing with the text that I'd forgot to do the secunda pars. It's all there now.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • aldrich
    Jeffrey, I can't find it in cpdl.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    It's on www.cpdl.org today (the Contributor ChoralWiki, which requires free registration) and will be on the Visitor ChoralWiki sites tomorrow after mirroring takes place tonight. If you register and log in at CPDL, you will be taken to the Contributor ChoralWiki and will find today's new works.

The Visitor sites are mirrored from the Contributor site once a day, which accounts for visitors not seeing a new work until a day after it is posted.
  • aldrich
    Oh, okay.
  • aldrich
    I just downloaded it. It seems that I made an erroneous transcription towards the end of Prima pars.