Recommendation for recordings of Psalms
  • fp
    I am leading a study about the Psalms (J. Cavin) at our parish and would like to incorporate some recordings and examples of sung Psalms. One of the goal is to introduce parishioners (non musicians) to beautiful prayer and eventually convinced them that Psalms could be beautiful at Mass and during Vespers ........ Would you have any recommendations for recordings in english? I am looking for beautiful interpretations for the beauty of it, recordings that people could use at home for personnal meditation, and recordings we could use at Mass..... Thanks for your help.
    FP
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    search "anglican chant" and the psalm number on youtube
  • BenBen
    If you are looking for responsorial psalms, many of the chabanel psalms have videos or audio.
    Thanked by 1fp
  • I regard the congregational psalm-singing at St. Thomas' Anglican Church in Toronto as an ideal. I would love our Chicago Anglo-Catholic parish to be able to do as well as this. It's Tone VIIIc or VIII.2, and beautifully accompanied by John Tuttle:

St. Thomas', Huron Street - Ps. 111 at Evensong
    Thanked by 2M. Jackson Osborn fp
  • fp
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. really appreciate your help.
    FP
  • Not to blow my own horn, but we at Saint Peter's in Columbia, South Carolina have the largest collection of recorded Gelineau Psalms online, admittedly of varying quality, some rather good and chanted in 2, 3, or 4 parts. http://www.youtube.com/user/VisitStPeters/videos?query=Gelineau