Virgin Great and Glorious : arr. by Koerber : (old Basque Hymn) : inspired by Tomboysuze
  • francis
    May our Blessed Lady be forever honored and praised!!

download score

listen to simulation
  • francis
    we did this today for communion. thanks for the tip to this beautiful hymn tune TBS!
  • i love you!
    um...I mean...I love you for doing this! Thank you so much, Francis!

It's beautiful.
  • francis
    Its not easy to play.. you have to have big hands... i will adjust it so those with a smaller reach can play it. Otherwise if you are pedalable (new cool word for those who can play pedals) and you play all your hymns in the best fashion, you play the bass line in the pedal, and then it is a piece of cake.
  • francis
    OK... here is easy version which addresses large spreads for those who don't play the bass in the pedals. :)

download score

Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • Perfect! That's a huge help. Many thanks, Francis. Again.
  • Anyone still have the pdfs? the links are broken
  • francis
    cantorconvert

I had to remove the pdf's on this one on account that the publisher would not allow me to use the text. tis a great shame. pm me.
  • francis
    Another member recently PM'd me for this piece and it depresses me to think that this and many more of my pieces sit on my computer being unsung. I cannot bear for them to remain silent. Please sing them and give Our Dear Lady her proper due.

Put the notes in your music application and find the words, because they too are so beautiful and should not be left unsung.

Thank you Tomboysuze for bringing me to the awareness of this most wonderful and beautiful tune.

download score

listen to simulation
  • francis
    Link has been broken... here is the music with space for you to plug in the text of your choosing, although the text mentioned above works best.
  • francis
    Here is a simulation.