New composers! Major Updates to the Chabanel Site
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear friends,

I thought you would like to know that many great artists have been adding their Responsorial Psalms to the Chabanel Psalms.

I just posted about 50 new Psalms. The newest artist to join is Brian Michael Page.

I think you owe it to yourself to go check out the different styles that are now represented there, if you have not yet done so!

There is truly something for everyone.
  • Leland
    Are these "new Psalms" actually "new Psalms" (i.e. in addition to the canonical, deuterocanonical, apocryphal and pseudepigraphical ones of antiquity) or are they new musical/chant settings or new translations of the Biblical Psalms, or are they something else I haven't thought of yet? FMI..

Leland
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Hi, Leland. They are new settings of the Church's indulgenced prayers. Most of them are set to psalm tones, but not all.
  • Jeff, thanks much for the mention, and the addition of my settings to your site.

Leland, these are (in many cases) original musical settings of the Responsorial Psalms in the Lectionary, as translated for the Lectionary. None of the texts are altered from the Lectionary.

I'm honored and humbled to have my own music up there with the likes of Fr. Keyes, Sam Schmitt, and Arlene Oost-Zinner, and a variety of other composers.

Peace,
    BMP
  • Hi, any chance I could request settings for certain Fridays this fall?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Mike, I would be honored to do this if I can find the time, but I will not know for a few weeks. Sorry! If I cannot, have you considered the "Seasonal Psalms" ?? I hope to add to these as well when time permits.
  • Jeff,

Yes, we could certainly do a seasonal psalm, but a couple of the dates are feasts, I think.

Mike