A question about the lectures...
  • WendiWendi
    At the colloquium this year, will they be recorded and will those recordings be available for purchase?

There are several sessions that are happening simultaneously and since I cannot bi-locate, I was hoping to solve the problem by going to one and purchasing the recording of the others.

This would also be a great way to be able to bring home and share the information with the schola I belong to. Most of the other women can't get away to attend.
  • Wendi,
    I think you should bring your own digital recording device, particularly for this year as the scope is broad. CMAA, God bless us, every one, doesn't have the infrastructure to document the whole shebang in my experience. The one year JMO doubled down and recorded everything was both anomoly and Godsend. All of us just figure to discreetly put our Zooms wherever so that the Liturgies aren't disturbed. Call us Mannerists, doesn't bother us in the slightest.
  • WendiWendi
    Thanks Charles. I will bring my own then.

However, if at some point the equipment can be begged, or borrowed...(being good Catholics we wouldn't steal it) this might be a good way to generate some revenue for the CMAA.

Our State homeschooling conference records all the speakers every year and sells the cd's for a very reasonable price. In fact I just checked their website and they have Realcatholictv.com come in and do the recordings. Perhaps RCTV could be contacted about providing the same service for the CMAA.
  • chonakchonak
    Really, do bring a portable recorder: the recordings in the past have all been done by volunteers, especially Carl, and they can't be everywhere.
  • Carl DCarl D
    Whatever you capture, I'd be glad to put on my website. Just let me know.
  • WendiWendi
    I will.
  • JennyJenny
    Would we need the lecturer's permission before recording?
  • Would we need the lecturer's permission before recording?

I would think so: the content of the lecture is the lecturer's intellectual property. But I hope most lecturers would be glad to have that content shared beyond the particular time and place, as long as they're identified as the owner. So ask, and I hope they all say yes.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I don't think you need permission to record for yourself, but you should obtain permission to publish/post the recording.
  • Carl DCarl D
    That's been my approach too, and for posting their handouts. Restrictions are unusual, but sometimes happen.
  • BenBen
    Well then by all means, please do check, there are many who would like to hear them!
  • AOZ
    There are no plans to do official recordings this year. So yes, bring your own recorders. As mentioned above, this is the way most of the recordings have gotten out there in the past. As a matter of courtesy, however, do check with speakers/instructors beforehand if you intend to post online.