1962 Missal - PDF list of all the Feasts that can potentially occur on SUNDAYS - Did I miss any???
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Here is a list of all the Feasts that can (potentially) occur on SUNDAYS or HOLY DAYS in the Extraordinary Form (1962 Missal, Traditional Latin Mass).

http://www.ccwatershed.org/pdfs/994-feasts-campion/download/

(That is a PDF document URL)

These feasts have all been included in the St. Edmund Campion Missal & Hymnal for the Traditional Latin Mass.

Please let me know if I missed any feasts! Thanks!
    Thanked by 1Chrism
  • Exaltation of the Holy Cross (Sept 14)
    Also, would consider including the Rogations Mass and Procession.
  • JahazaJahaza
    The Feast of the Dedication of a Church is 1st class and therefore replaces Sunday (so is the Patronal Feast of Church, but that's obviously impossible to include.) In some places this is fixed on a certain Sunday of the year.

Likewise the Feast of the Dedication of the Diocesan Cathedral.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Thanks!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    OK, now the list has been updated.

UPDATED LIST

Let me know if you find any errors with regard to the COLORS, the CLASS of the feast, or anything else.
    Thanked by 1expeditus1
  • Chrism
    Seconding the Rogation Mass suggestion...as it can be sung as a II Class Votive Mass replacing the Sunday Mass on April 25.

Other Class II Votive Masses replacing the Sunday can include: Mass for the Forty Hours Devotion, Masses on the Anniversary of the Pope or Bishop, Mass "De Propaganda Fide" on World Mission Sunday,
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • Chrism
    The Proper Vigil of Christmas (Missa "Hodie Scietis") takes precedence over the Fourth Sunday of Advent (Missa "Rorate") if December 24 falls on Sunday (Cf. General Rubrics of the Roman Missal, #30a), which will happen next in 2017.
  • Chrism
    Is this hymnal primarily for the USA? The Feasts of Principal National Patrons for individual countries do take precedence over Sundays in these countries. There are also a few local customs such as the prayer for the Sovereign after Mass in Britain.
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • Chrism
    (deleted)
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • Chrism
    Suggestions:
    1. Include the Psalms of Tenebrae.
    2. Include the Masses of First Thursday, First Friday and First Saturday, along with appropriate hymns
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • Chrism
    Note that:
    1. the title of the October 7 Feast is Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary (formerly the Feast of the Rosary of Our Lady)
    2. the title of the Sunday before Pentecost is "Sunday after the Ascension" (formerly the Sunday within the Octave of the Ascension)
    3. Color on 2nd Sunday after Pentecost (fomerly the Sunday within the Octave of Corpus Christi) is Green according to the 1962 rubrics. However, a Votive Mass of the Blessed Sacrament may be said even if the Feast of Corpus Christi is not celebrated as an External Solemnity, per RGMR Changes #34.
    4. the title of the following Sunday is 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (formerly the Sunday within the Octave of the Sacred Heart)
    Thanked by 1Ragueneau
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    OK, Chrism, I think I made all the changes:

UPDATED LIST

However, I am still unsure about three (3) STATIONS.

They have question marks (?) after them on the list.

Anybody want to comment on these?

I think it is a situation where the "name" of the feast changed, but still the same Mass is celebrated, so is the Station still there?
  • Here is an updated List: