St. Francis sequence
  • kevinfkevinf
    I work for Franciscans and for the Feast of Francis (a solemnity in their calendar), there is a sequence in their lectionary.
    Does anyone have the sequence or for that matter have the Latin equivalent. i have the translation in English, but the friars do not have it in Latin.

All you Franciscan followers, please let me know. Its too late for this year, but would like to be ready for next year.

Thanks,
    Kevin (worn out from the transitus and the Feast Day and the blessing of animals)
  • VickiW
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://members.aol.com/liturgialatina/dominican/sequence_francis.htm
  • kevinfkevinf
    Thank you. That is it. Now to find the sequence music.

Kevin
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Kevin,

If you need the Gregorian music to this Sequence, I can provide it to you.

jeff@ostrowski.cc

best,

JMO
  • I emailed Maestro Ostrowski about this Sequence, and I wonder if anyone has any settings of the Propers for this feast, which in my Franciscan basilica is a solemnity.
    Many thanks,
    Chris
  • Thanks so much for this. I may do it in English for this year.
  • I once sang English propers (no sequence) by Paul Ellison when subbing at Church of the Advent in San Francisco. Kevin, is the English version metrical? The aol link doesnt work for me.
  • Following up on this old thread to ask if anyone has a setting of the Sequence (or of the last four verses which can be sung at a minimum) set in English. Thanks for the help!