Michaelmas Gradual and Alleluia Polyphony
  • Hi Folks,

Last night I wrote a short polyphonic piece for my school choir to sing tomorrow for Michaelmas. Its nothing much but its fun and easier than the Gregorian propers. Surely the real composers here will see its limitations! But I thought perhaps someone might find it useful and easy. I also wrote a Laus Tibi Christe to go along with it.

I use cheap (free) software called Musescore, so the formatting isn't great either. Anyway, enjoy!
  • Someone pointed out a few formatting errors. For starters, there are mispellings and the a wierd Te in the top line. The Te that goes up to A should be a rest. (Bar 4)
  • Here is a better Benedicite with some editorial changes.
  • Pretty, serviceable, gracias tibi, Matthew. Allow me a moment of incredulity: your school choir has enough men to sing TTBB??? (Or maybe it's a good old fashioned single-sex school, huzzah! my 14-year-old son wouldn't mind that at all but there's no such thing anywhere near us.)
  • Patricia,

I teach here St. Gregory's Academy. We are a boys boarding school run by the FSSP. So I actually can do a lot of TTBB things.

95% of our students are from out of state, and we even have 2 from France this year. Perhaps you should consider us!

I'm glad you like the piece. My Schola tonight ate it up.