It could be worse.
  • Maureen
    http://tenthmedieval.wordpress.com/2008/05/22/seminary-xxvii-educating-atto/

"The cleric Frotwin has one church in the county of Erchanger. Then Frotwin placed me to sing in that church; and over all things I might have half of the dues of that tithe. In such a way I served thus at that church a year and a half, for which I received nothing there of which we had this agreement. Afterwards I asked that man for my part of that tithe. And he blazed up exceedingly with fury in his heart against me; and he came by night upon me with his kinsmen Alberic and Gebhard and Wolfram; thus they beat me, until they had all but released the life in my body."
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    Time to lay off the Maker's Mark.
  • CharlesW
    Frotwin, hmmm! He sounds familiar. I think I used to work for him. Pass the Maker's Mark.
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    I read this last night, rather in a fog, and it didn't make sense, hence the Maker's Mark reference.

Now that I'm reading it clearly, I understand. . . yep, it could be worse!

Thank goodness I get a paycheck every two weeks rather than being beaten to death. Of course, something could be said for the regular pummeling we get from our critics.