Worship design teams!
  • ghmus7
    And it costs only $200.00!

http://sn111w.snt111.mail.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
  • This link doesn't work. It's a link to MSN mail.

Could you try again?
  • ghmus7
    oops, try this:

http://www.giamusic.com/search_details.cfm?title_id=16123&utm_source=me_mailing_list&utm_medium=email&utm_content=singing_the_unsung_campaign=singing_the_unsung_email
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    John Bell is an ordained minister in the Church of Scotland.

That makes him a Calvinist, yes?

$200 is a lot of money. And what is a "worship design team?"

This is all very, as the website says, "prophtic."
  • mjballoumjballou
    Well, there are Calvinists and there are Calvinists...

In another of my many lives, I was a great devotee of John Bell and the Wild Goose Worship Project.
    In my current life, I am not.

However, why not spend a few idle moments designing your own dream team? And don't limit yourself to the living or require contemporaneity.

Here's an example: St. Pius X, Palestrina, El Greco - and Mary, Queen of Scots can do the vestments.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Well, there are Calvinists and there are Calvinists...

I am SO using that quote the next time I get the chance.

I actually really like a lot of the Iona community music. It's quite wonderful for it what it was intended for: non-liturgical devotionals and house-church gatherings, and that sort of thing. If I ran a youth group, I'd have the kids sing stuff like that on the bus on the way to the waterpark or whatnot, or round the campfire. I can imagine some appropriate uses of a few of their songs in my current Protestant congregation, but I'd be hard pressed to find them a spot at a Catholic Mass.

And, umm.....
    Why is a (ostensibly) Catholic publisher creating liturgical resources created by a Calvinist?
    No, nevermind- stupid question.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Silly Adam, there are Catholic publishers and there are Catholic publishers.

And yes, it's great devotional music.