Choral Vespers on the Solemnity of All Souls
  • Blaise
    Who is doing it this year? What is your program?

We are using the Requiem by John Rutter at OLOA, San Antonio, TX; Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis TBA later for our Evensong (Vespers). It will feature Parish Festival Choir (11 o'clock Sunday choir plus others singing for the extra events of the parish---I'm in the "extras" group this year), Academy choir(s), soloists, and chamber orchestra, presided by our pastor, the Rev. Fr. Phillips and assisted by our deacons and altar servers and the whole people of the parish. All who are in San Antonio at that time are most certainly welcome to attend and unite themselves in prayer for the souls of the faithful departed on the occasion of this great solemnity whereby those who have died in God's grace but still are in need of purification to attain to everlasting bliss are remembered, "that the Lord may blot out their sins" (Maccabees) and remember them no more.

"I heard a voice saying unto me, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord. For they rest from their labors.' " (Revelation)

Share your programming here. :)

Paul R. Viola

The parish: Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church
    15415 Red Robin Road
    San Antonio, TX
  • Blaise
    Updating my previous announcement:

Requiem: John Rutter
    Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis: Walmisley (sp?)
    Preces and Responses: Gibson

Officiated by Rev. Fr. Christopher G. Phillips and conducted by Mr. Edmund G. Murray; organist, Mrs. Chalon C. Murray
    Featuring: Atonement parish and school choirs, vocal and instrumental soloists and chamber orchestra

The parish address: as listed above

7 o'clock in the evening
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How to get here:

(Take the Anderson Loop West, exit at Babcock, but take frontage road until you reach Red Robin Road)
  • Hope it goes well and that people aren't distracted by other events of the day.