Looking for Gospel Acclamations
  • Good morning all!

Our phase-out of OCP has begun here, starting with the Respond & Acclaim books. We have begun using the Chabanel Psalms, and we are currently looking for anything comparable in the way of Gospel Acclamations/Verses before the Gospel. I haven't done a huge amount of looking just yet, but plan to start this week, and thought I could expedite my research by asking the collective wisdom of the crowd here.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Dan
  • Okay, just found the Garniers. Is there anything else out there? I like having options. :)
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear Dan,

You might give St. Charles Garnier Gospel Acclamations a try (although it is brand new, and we plan on making many improvements)

GarnierAlleluias.org

• The Corpus Christi Watershed has the Garnier Alleluias (and also the Alleluia from the Graduale, but that is not exactly comparable, at Isaac Jogues).

You can try the Alleluia Simplex on CMAA’s music page, but you would have to the set verse to a psalm tone (which Aristotle Esguerra has done for Garnier, but for only one mode).

I hear By Flowing Waters has settings.
  • ghmus7
    There is a book published by GIA called 'Gospel Acclaimations for cantors". It had all the verses for the year set to several different Gospel Acclaimations. It is probably the most useful book that GIA publishes, I have used it for many years.