New Additions : Roman Catholic Sacred Music
  • francis
    Dear CMAA Fellow Members:

Yesterday I took it upon myself to build the new publishing model which I had been praying and fasting about all through lent. I just launched the new site about an hour ago. I am reconnecting all the demonstration files to the Catalogue so that you can continue to preview and perhaps utilize some of the works in your endeavors. I owed a number of you different files, especially the Anima Christi.

The new site is:

http://www.RomanCatholicSacredMusic.com

I have disconnected all the links that were on the pieces I had posted here. (Jeff, feel free to delete the individual posts of all the works if you are so inclined.)

There are two publishing models that I am promoting. One is a PDF file with my own innovation, a 'Gratuitous Performance License', and the other is limited edition printed octavos (print on demand). You can learn all about the new publishing model by visiting the site.

Thank you, one and all, for all your prayers and support, and for putting up with my madness in posting so many works here over the past few months.

Sincerely in Christ,

Francis Koerber
  • I just looked over your site... wonderful work, Francis!

Janet.
  • CharlesW
    Wonderful. I just added that site to my favorites list. You do excellent work!
  • francis
    Blessed be Jesus and Mary. May it be for all a small avenue of Praise, Proclamation and Propagation of our Roman Catholic faith which is alone found in them, and a token of my deepest gratitude for such a wonderful gift which they have bestowed on us, the glorious art of musica sacra.
  • francis
    As time passes I will add to this single item on this forum any new works added to RomanCatholicSacredMusic.com. This includes only those entries that have demonstrations and miniature scores.

Nine entries March 30, 2008, (found in CATALOGUE)

1 Corinthians 13 : (Eng)
    Adoration of the Holy Face [The Golden Arrow] (Eng)
    Crux Sancti Patris Benedicti : (Lat)
    Soul of Christ or Anima Christi : (Eng, Lat)
    Festive Alleluia : (Eng, Lat)
    He Was Despised or Despectum Et Novissimum (Eng, Lat)
    What Wondrous Love : (Eng)
  • john m
    Francis, this is great - congratulations! I will forward the link to all the appropriate people on my e-mail list.
  • francis
    Thanks, John. Please feel free to give constructive critique or suggestions.
  • IanWIanW
    Francis,

Congratulations: a nice site.

Regards,

Ian.

ps You may prefer not to refer to it as RCSM.com, as someone else already has that domain. Also, it might be confused with the RSCM!
  • Lovely! Will look forward to much exploration therein, Francis. Congratulations and blessings.
    Charles in CenCA
  • francis
    Thanks for the tip Ian. Revised.
    Thanks, Charles.
    Please keep I and my family in your prayers.
  • francis
    May everyone have a most blessed feast of the Annunciation.

Here are new musics posted today for Our Lady.

Ave Maria (solo and choral versions) (latin)
    Star Above The Ocean [four part hymn] (English) [a simple a cappella motet or congregational hymn for a Marian feast day!]

Roman Catholic Sacred Music

And a small meditation on Our Dear Lady I have also posted on the home page, "The Bride & The Ring" which I dedicate to Her this day.
  • francis
    New music posted today for in honor of The Blessed Virgin Mary.

Magnificat (English)

Composed for my wife and premiered for the occassion of our wedding as it was the wedding march.
  • francis
    New music posted today.

Ego Sum Panis Vivus (thanks again to Jevoro for his persistence in helping with suggestions on textual treatment)

Ave Verum Corpus

• "Ego Sum Panis Vivus " ia absolutely gorgeous and i also really like Anima Christi. They are all gorgeous... so prayerful, so harmonious.
  • francis
    Hi Mary:

Thank you for your encouragement and thank Incantu for the suggestion on bringing this one out on one of the posts here. I am so grateful to finally have a forum to share these musicks, as they have all sat in my storage room for 25 years with no one to appreciate or be interested in them.
  • francis
    New music posted today.

The Seven Words of Christ on the Cross (five of seven completed to date)

1. Pater, dimitte illis, quia nesciunt, quid faciunt
    2. Hodie mecum eris in Paradiso
    3. Mulier, ecce filius tuus : ecce mater tua
    4. Deus meus, Deus meus, utquid dereliquisti me?
    5. Sitio

• francis
    New music posted today. Organ works.

1. Tocatta in D Minor
    2. O Sacred Head Surrounded

• francis
    New music posted today. 3 Choral works.

1. O Sacrum Convivium (SSAATTBB and Organ [or Strings])
    2. O Vos Omnes (Dmin) (SATB a cappella)
    3. O Vos Omnes (Emin) (SATB & Organ

• francis
    New music posted today.

Mass in C Major (latin)

See and Hear the Score