a second "edition" of By Flowing Waters
  • Paul F. Ford
    Over on Facebook, I have created a group for By Flowing Waters: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=117365751610687. There I have made available a link to the 35' film on Vimeo explaining what the book is and how to use the book.

I have just announced a second "edition," one that will correct the errors I and others have noticed, make improvements, and incorporate the new English translation of the Roman Missal.

I say "edition," because I may just make the whole thing available on a CD so that you can print out the revised pages you need for your schola.

Sometime during the course of the 2011 Louisville convention of the National Association of Pastoral Musicians there will be a scheduled conversation about how By Flowing Waters is being used in parishes and schools, about the changes in the text as a result of the New Edition of the Order of the Mass, and any other subject you wish me to address.

I will have more information about the Spanish edition at that time as well.

Blessings,
    Paul
  • Godspeed on your project, Paul. The Spanish version will be one of the greatest resources we can imagine.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    Wow, this is awesome news!

Looks like I will have to plan on actually going to NPM next year ...

By the way, where will the colloquium be held?
  • A digital edition would be greatly appreciated. My bookshelf would thank you also.

I wish more publishers would offer that option. The recent hymnal for french-speaking Catholics, D'une même voix, only offers the keyboard accompaniment in digital form, with one CD for the world-wide portion of the content, and as I ordered my copy from Canada, one CD for the Canadian additions.

Marc
  • CharlesW
    Thank you for the good work you do. You are truly a blessing to us all.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    I'm no facebook expert, but isn't it generally better to create a page so that it can be joined by fans?
  • Paul F. Ford
    I have no idea, Jeffrey. I just blunder my way forward.
  • BachLover2BachLover2
    i look forward to this new edition
  • incantuincantu
    This is exciting news!
  • Claire H
    I echo the need for a Spanish edition! Any updates?
  • hartleymartin
    I certainly welcome any revisions, corrections or other improvements which may be offered.

It is used in a few places here in Australia. Particularly the section for the Triduum liturgies.
  • Are there any updates on this? I haven't been able to access the webpage for By Flowing Waters recently.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Any updates on the Spanish version?