March of Silveri - Organ Reduction?
  • ossian1898ossian1898
    After hearing the March of Silveri at the recent papl liturgy, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get this as an organ reduction? I've done a little searching but can't find it.

Ideas?
  • Liam
    I believe (I've not seen a score) that it's not a march but part of a sinfonia by Count Domenico Silveri (1818-1900), in case that assists your research.
  • ossian1898ossian1898
    I think Silveri is an enigma, if he existed at all...

When I type his name, or anything having to do with the piece into Google, I get this post, the NLM, and that's it.
  • Liam
    you'll find more in Italian.
  • Ossian & Liam,

I did some more searching and found a music lending library that has a copy of the Silveri March in a piano reduction. When I receive the score, I will see if I can make it available in some form, perhaps as an arrangement for brass quartet!

Peter Kwasniewski
  • CharlesW
    If it can be posted, I would like to see the piano reduction.
  • Yes, after I'd posted my note I realized that the original should just go up as well. It's way, way out of copyright (Italian publication from the late 19th c. I believe).

So -- stay tuned!
  • BREAKING NEWS!

I have managed to secure two keyboard reduction of the Silveri -- one for piano, one for organ. Each is also accompanied by a march.

DOCUMENT 1:
    Marcia di G. Longhi e Armonia Religiosa del Cte. Domenico Silveri
    Che nelle festività sogliono suonare le Trombe in St. Pietro presente il Sommo Pontefice
    Ridotte per Pianoforte Solo dal maestro F. Viviani
  • Oops -- got the files in the wrong order. But here they are anyway. Enjoy!

DOCUMENT 2:
    The Silver Trumpets played at St. Peter's in Rome, on Christmas and Easter Days.
    Arranged for the Organ with Pedal Obligato
    by Edward F. Rimbault