Do you have a blog? I want to know!
  • mjballoumjballou
    Are you a Forum "regular" or "newbie" with a music blog? (And no, it doesn't have to be sacred music.)

I'm updating my list of interesting blogs for my own Sacred Miscellany. So I'd like to hear from you. You can email me privately if you're shy. Or you can put up the information here.

If you want to do that, I recommend you explore the world of live links so people can get to you quickly. I was converted to this cause by Jeffrey Tucker in his inspirational article, Learn to link or die.

Looking forward to enjoying our diversity.
  • Carl DCarl D
    A number of people know that I've been maintaining Sacred Music Coach for the past year. It started as a way to provide pointers to the Colloquium recordings, and has expanded from there.
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Here's the one I started some years ago. I simply haven't had time to update it recently. Maybe I spend too much time responding on other blogs?

http://smcollinsus.blogspot.com/
  • In fact, we are getting ready to launch one this week. I'm still putting the finishing touches on it, so I'm not inclined to put out the URL just yet. I'm actually giving a presentation on it at our staff meeting tomorrow morning, at which point we're be signing up staffers who want a voice and putting it live. I'mm post the URL once it's official.

Cheers,
    Dan
  • Chris AllenChris Allen
    If I can remember to update it: Clamator in Deserta
  • G
    Clamator in Deserta

Is there a technical name for when the eye only perceives part of a word and the brain fills in the blanks WRONG?

I just read "Clams for Dessert"...

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • gregpgregp
    Which is where the Suspicious Cheese Lords came from.....
  • Adam Bartlett
    I'm starting to blog here.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I think a lot of people have noticed my overly enthusiastic links to my own blog:
    http://musicforsunday.com
  • mjballoumjballou
    Ah, "clams in the desert"! I, for one, have often felt like "a shed among the cucumbers."
  • rollingrj
    While I do have a 'blog, it is not music specific; however, I will occassionally comment on things liturgical and/or musical. A Wing And A Prayer is my very humble "infinitesimal corner of the universe."

I know there are more of you out there! I have seen them.
  • marajoymarajoy
    I do have a music/liturgy-specific blog. I have been rather negligent in updating it lately, however, due to a relaxed summer schedule! :-)
    marajoy.blogspot.com
  • I have a music blog, except that (1) most of it is not about music and (2) it is a plain web site, not a blog.

home.chattanooga.net/~jose/
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    Mine is more of a general blog on "matters Catholic", but I sometimes talk about musical/liturgical happenings in my parish (a "personal" or "national" parish for Polonia by canonical definition).

I've been remiss in keeping it up, but I do maintain it as best I can.

www.aviewfromtheloft.blogspot.com
  • marajoymarajoy
  • I have a site of music, which includes a blog component. It's fairly new, so there's not much up yet.

www.communionantiphons.org
  • francis
    www.romancatholicsacredmusic.com

not a blog per say, but mainly a site for music distribution
  • chonakchonak
    I write for a group blog, Catholic Light, along with canon lawyer Pete Vere, choir director John Schultz, and political writer Eric Johnson.

Just yesterday I posted a great conference talk by Bishop Athanasius Schneider, on finding a correct reading of the documents of Vatican II (against the "interpretation of rupture"). Some other sites have picked up the story and my translation, including Fr. Z and CWN.
  • rollingrj
    Richard: FYI--Fr. Mark Kirby at his blog has also picked up the story as well.
  • Kathy
    MJ, I know you already link to my blog. It's a slowing but going concern.

hymnographyunbound.blogspot.com
  • Here is my blog:

http://benedictgal-lexorandilexcredendi.blogspot.com/
  • JahazaJahaza
    I run LatinMassNYC.org. I also have a personal blog,The Stone Owl, which these days is mostly a commonplace book, and most of the people who read it and/or comment do so via FaceBook.
  • I run Roma locuta est, which is dedicated to liturgy in general, but often focussing on Sacred Music.
    Thanked by 1IanW
  • I have a sometime blog - just mainly for my own creative outlet - musings and such.
    http://cindicecilia.blog.com/
  • ghmus7
    I have a website, which is updated frequently, though not a blog.

www.gregoryhamilton.org
  • I do not have a blog, but I repeat my claim to a future one called 'Singing Mum' anyways.

I'm really only posting to comment on the fantastic picture, MJ. Love it
  • noviceorganist.blogspot.com.au

I don't post as regularly as I should and most posts are a bit half-baked, but I hope that it will eventually be a useful resource for anyone else starting out as a church organist.
  • I am trying to collect a database of Sacred music for women's or children's choir. I have one blog post with a constantly updated post about it/

There is another post with a updated list of sacred music resources online:

www.sacredmusicfortreblevoices.wordpress.com
    Thanked by 1veromary
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    catholicrose: It would be better for people searching if you added a single blog post for each item in your list, titled and tagged appropriately.
  • Hmmm. Thanks Adam. Perhaps I could do that, and move the comprehensive chart to the About page...

I thought people would mainly find it through links. But maybe I will reorganize it that way.

Thanks for looking at it! I still have quite a bit of scores to scan in and add to it - mainly from the Mount Saint Mary hymnal.
  • You might consider: Views from the Choir Loft . . . which is just starting out, just beginning.
  • blackchasuble.wordpress.com
  • http://jeffreyquick.wordpress.com
    Warning: topics covered in order of frequency: Politics, religion, music. If you believe in a state with strong redistributive powers, save yourself the blood pressure and don't go there. Not as active these days.
  • BenBen
    Mine's quite similar to Jeffrey's: politics, religion, and sacred music, with a little bit (like 2 posts :) of running thrown in for good measure. Unlike Jeffrey's, I keep it quite active!

From the ordinary to the Extraordinary: Ruminations of a Young Wisconsinite Catholic
  • As of five minutes ago, we have an easier address for our Sacred Music BLOG:

ccwatershed.org

Thanks!
  • Guilty, Ben! I used to keep it quite active, but now I use Facebook for short-form snark, and only blog when I have something major to say.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I have (slowly) been consolidating my (non-cafe) writing to a single blog, which now has my writing on liturgy, sacred music, and theology, and also my hymns, poetry (Serious and silly), and thoughts on other topics I'm interested in (computer science, economics, the Open Source movement).

http://adammichaelwood.github.io/
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • Ally
    I started one as my own project for the Year of Faith, to collect many of bulletin articles, etc (they haven't all made it on yet, but we'll work on it). All about liturgy, music, etc:
    http://ohfortheloveofchant.wordpress.com/
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • CGM
    I don't really have a blog, but I have a website where I
    - post my free editions of public domain scores, sortable by title, composer, or liturgical function
    - sell my own compositions (not free, but not particularly pricey)
    - I have some old ruminations about church music
    - and 12 years of motet selections from my previous parish (scroll down to the bottom of the page to jump around from year to year)
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood CHGiffen
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I have a website

"CGM" is the composer Chris Mueller (rhymes with "Thriller"), writer of the ridiculously beautiful "Missa pro editione tertia."

His music is amazing, and his pricing model is awesomely forward thinking (and completely obvious at the same time).
    Thanked by 2Ally CGM
  • Ally
    CGM, I was introduced to some of your work this past summer...it is amazing!
    Thanked by 1CGM
  • I have three blogs, which are all basically collections of videos, so not terribly interesting, but for what it's worth, I have:
    a blog with resources for my chant group;
    a sacred music blog;
    and I suppose the newest one should therefore be called a profane music blog, though I will try to avoid posting anything offensive to pious ears!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • joerg
    In october i've started a blog My private Antiphonale for the Liturgia Horarum. There i'm publishing daily Latin Vespers according to the Liturgia Horarum with Gregorian Chant. I've obtained a generous permission by the Libreria Editrice Vaticana to publish the non free texts from the LH, too (such as the newly written hymns and orations, and possibly also the Latin Bible texts from the Neovulgata whose copyright status is unclear)
    Thanked by 1Ben_Whitworth
  • No, no blog in my case. Never did have one, never will have one. Many (about half) of my published articles end up on www.rjstove.net/articles.html - either as hyperlinks or as PDF documents, the latter, of course, eminently removable if the original publisher wants them removed - but by no means all of these articles are related to any sort of music, let alone to sacred music. There are quite a few dead links on this page which, when I can afford to pay my webmaster for the task of removing them (I'm not tech-savvy enough to do it myself), will be removed. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
  • CharlesW
    No blog! Information overload is bad enough without adding another blog to the problem. I occasionally will read someone else's - and I do mean occasionally, as in not often.