Victoria "Popule meus" (Reproaches) in English?
  • Heath
    Friends,

I'm having trouble finding a (free) version of this wonderful piece in English. I know I've seen one . . . any help?
  • I have one that we use at Holy Ghost at the Good Friday Passion service... I will run over to the church at lunch, scan it and post it here a little later today. SEAN
  • francis
    That would be great we could use it too.
  • I have the very good English-language version published in the old series 'Anglo-Catholic Choir Books'.
    I would need to scan it. In the choruses, only the Latin is translated into English. It has the full chant verses. There's no funny business with altering the precise intended meaning of the text.
    It's not under copyright.
    Sound interesting?
    It very well might be what Sean/HolyGhostCappella is thinking of.
  • francis
    Daniel:

please post would like to see that too.
  • I'll have to do this when i get home, a little after 6:00 EDT.
  • Erik P
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    The whole thing is i the wonderful resource Palmer/burgess

People should be taking advantage of this immediately
  • francis
    I think I have the PB ... will check that again... Gosh it would be nice (Noel) to have that cross reference you were thinking about.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    World Library Publications put out a book of motets adapted to English a long time ago - in the late 50's or early 60's. I have an old copy around somewhere; I know this motet was included. Not sure if you can get a copy from them today.
  • Heath
    HolyGhost and Daniel, just another request to see your respective items.

Tx,
    H
  • Absolutely: I was detained last evening.
  • Sorry guys - It's like going to the store to get some milk and coming home a few days later...

Hope this helps. SEAN

I had to split the PDF file into two parts, so here are the Refrains:
  • And here are the Verses:
  • Heath
    HolyGhost, thanks! These are great . . . Daniel, care to go toe-to-toe with these settings?

: )