Attende Domine Organ Accompaniment
  • Hi,

Could someone point me to a resource containing an arrangement of "Attende Domine" with organ accompaniment?

The one we have an accompaniment which seems kind of "Lori Line-ish"

Thanks in advance.

Mark
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    i do not believe the NOH has this one ---- they tend to have the more rare ones only
  • Donnaswan
    Mark,
    Don't know which one you are referring to as 'Lori Line-ish? Who is she, BTW? There is one in Ritualsong. IS that the one you don't like?

Donna
  • By the way, there is a really fine prelude on this melody by Jeanne Demessieux which I am playing during communion next Sunday.
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Here are the two I use (mostly the AGM):
    Thanked by 1mantonio
  • Erik P
    Thanked by 1mantonio
  • Thanks all. Actually, the accompaniment used was actually pretty good. It wasn't as "Lori Line"-ish as I feared.

(For those who are not familiar, Lori Line is a MN person whose arrangements sound a bit like Nordstrom's)

Ironically, during Attende Domine my 15 mo old was going bananas, so I didn't notice how it went anyway.

-Mark
  • francis
    Who knows where to find the Gregorian Notation of this hymn? I am not finding it in the Graduale or the Liber. ? ? ? I have an accompaniment that I always use, but I think it is one that I composed on the fly and have been developing in my mind for many many years. It's time to put it in notation.
  • chonakchonak
    It's in Cantus Selecti, along with many other seasonal pieces.
  • Erik P
  • Erik P
  • chonakchonak
    There is only slight overlap between the two books. Cantus Selecti is 279 pages long, and contains 230 pieces collected from various sources: for Benediction, for seasons, for Our Lady, for major feast days, for devotional occasions. There are various genres: hymns, litanies, proses (e.g., Rorate Caeli), responsories.
  • francis
    Thanks Chonak
  • Another version of Attende Domine.
    Thanked by 1Incardination