Music this Week - Postings of Music For The Mass
  • Deon Irish in South Africa posts his lists and comments each week as do other Anglican Church musicians on their lists. Here is his latest:

Sunday, 13 December, 2009
    Advent III
    10.30am High Mass:
    Corporate Mass of the Military and Hospitaller Order of St Lazarus of
    Jerusalem
    (The Rector)

Propers : Gaudete
    Service : Mass for four voices - Byrd
    Anthem : O Thou, the central orb - Wood

Int : Hark! a thrilling voice is sounding - Merton
    Grad : On Jordan's bank the Baptist's cry - Winchester New
    Off : O come, O come, Emmanuel - Veni Emmanuel
    Com : Thy Kingdom come, O God - St Cecilia
    Rec : Hills of the north, rejoice - Little Cornard

Reger : Introduction und Passacaglia in D moll

I have always thought the Byrd 4 part one of the most difficult
    masses we do. It is really tricky - full of possible "wrong turns"
    for choristers, that lead to pretty instant damnation!

Well, I think today was the first time we romped through it without
    problem: singers sounded really confident, and it had a lovely
    relaxed feel to it. The more surprising, since we haven't sung it for
    over a year now.

Choir members were really on tremendous form for the Wood. A little
    "big" for post-Communion, I suppose; but we had the Knights of St
    Lazarus with us this morning, in all their black and greeen glory -
    vying with the pink high mass vestments - so it seemed appropriate.

It's a week for special services: Tuesday we sing a pontifical high
    mass in clebration of the jubilees of ordination of 16 priests from
    around the Province: a total of 664 years of ministry between them.
    The Bishop of False Bay (40 years) will celebrate. I have decided to
    haul out the Mendelssohn "War March" for the occasion. Haven't had
    occasion on which (I dared) to play that for years!

=================================================================

I suggest that we consider this here on this list as well. It would be of much interest to all now in the Christmas season....but also throughout the year.
  • OK, I'll start.

Entrance: Phil 4:4-5 chanted to Byzantine chant tone, alternating with Ps 85:2 and the Glory Be sung to Tone 6
    (no offertory at pastor's request)
    Communion: "On Jordan's Bank"
    Recessional: Richard Proulx' "Litany for the Season of Advent," verses sung to Tone 2
    Comments: I wish I had more than two other people in the choir with me so we could learn the Gaudete....
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Definately not the ideal here....

Prelude: Improv. on Puer Nobis
    Procession: On Jordan's Banks (Puer Nobis)
    Kyrie XVI
    Psalm: Guilmont
    Alleluia: Norah Duncan
    Offertory: O Come, O Come Emmanuel
    Sanctus XVIII
    Anamnesis: "Missa Emmanuel"
    Amen: "Missa Emmanuel"
    Chanted Our Father, English
    Agnus Dei XVIII
    Communion: Eat this Bread (Taize)
    (Handbell piece on Picardy at one Mass)
    Recessional: People Look East
    Postlude: Wachet auf! ruft uns die Stimme, Bach
  • Here's a link to our playlist.

Comments:
    • The minor propers (In-Of-Co — antiphon only in all cases) are sung by a single cantor (usually myself), preceded or followed by choral pieces (usually out of the hymnals at the moment — RitualSong at one parish and Gather Comprehensive (first ed.) at the other).
    • Hymnal selections are limited to the repertoire common to both.
    • The musical selections at the Liturgy of the Word (responsorial psalm and gospel acclamation) are completely a cappella.
    • The offertory thus far has been a 1980s–era psalm paraphrase out of the hymnal, taken from the same psalm as the offertory proper for the week. It's just worked out that way.
    • Choral selections for Offertory and Communion are usually "softer" pieces in keeping with a more contemplative approach to the liturgy.
    • The priest is not, as a rule, waiting for music to be completed before continuing with the liturgy.
    • Mass is usually completed in an hour, sometimes less. At no point does it feel rushed, and there are plenty of opportunities for pregnant silence.

I would encourage others to share to what extent the Mass itself was sung; that's where the most impact will be felt, I believe. Even more than the singing of the propers, in many cases.
  • JDE
    Okay, I'll continue.

Entrance - On Jordan's Bank (Winchester New)
    Kyrie - Canedo Mass of Glory
    Psalm and Gospel Acclamation - Respond and Acclaim (I'm ducking to avoid the flying tomatoes at this point)
    Offering - O Come, Divine Messiah
    Service music - Mass of Creation, except the Amen, which is chanted
    Communion - Rejoice Greatly, O Daughter of Zion (Handel, from Messiah) - soloist with piano accompaniment
    (The Handel served to lift up the quality of the other music and also avoided exposure to "Christ, Be Our Light")
    Recessional - Lift Up Your Heads, Ye Mighty Gates (TRURO)

I have finally made peace with the fact that it isn't my job to force the treasures of the Church onto the truculent masses -- from now on, they get the music they want and deserve. Something Jesus said about pearls and swine comes to mind. So I am looking a better "day job" so I can afford to do without the church job and choose where to go for Mass without being otherwise obligated. Including going to the 0h-dark-thirty Mass with no music and going out for pancakes. Offering the highest and best music to the ungrateful, hostile and willfully ignorant is corrosive to my soul, and I need to get away from it. Maybe forever.

I made the decision to continue using Respond and Acclaim after I encountered a near-riot from changing to some service music by Jeff Ostrowski. It was very good. I liked it. The choir initially said they liked it. Even the folk group liked it. Then the complaints started rolling in, and I decided they could have their hot dogs back. So it's Mass of Creation until the new translations are put into force.

Hot dogs for everybody!
  • Saint Mary’s Parish, California
    Order of Music-, 2009
    Third Sunday in Advent; Dec.13, 2009
    S=8:30/E=10am
    Antiphon: S “Rejoice in the Lord always…” (Gaudete/Simple Choral Gradual/Rice.)
    Entrance: SE MARANATHA! COME LORD JESUS (Sullivan-Whitaker)

Opening Rites: S Misa Oecumenica “Lord Have Mercy” (Proulx)
    E Kyrie (Sleeth)/no Gloria

Responsorial: SE Respond & Acclaim

Gospel Accl.:S Chant Mode VI
    E Alleluia (Sleeth)

Offertory: S ADVENT CRY (Winter Rose-Joseph Martin)
    E RIVER OF GLORY (Schutte)

Eucharistic Accl.: S Misa Oecumenica (Proulx)
    E Holy/Christ/ Amen /Lamb (Sleeth)

Antiphon: S “Say to the anxious, be strong….” (SCG/Rice)
    Communion Procession: S BEHOLD THE LAMB (Willett)
    E PATIENCE, PEOPLE (Foley)

Communion Anthem: S EVERY VALLEY (Winter Rose)
    E LIKE A SHEPHERD (Dufford)

Recessional:S THE ADVENT OF OUR KING 513 (St. Thomas)
    E LET THE KING OF GLORY COME 297 (Joncas)
  • Entrance hymn: O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

Psalm: Cry out with joy and gladness, Marty Haugen

Preparation: People, Look East - Arr. Clemens, published by WLP. Not a bad little piece.

Communion: Be strong, fear not - Thomas Keesecker, Concordia Publishing house. To see the refrain, google the cathedral of st. john the evangelist in Cleveland. Find their bulletin for the 3rd Sunday of Advent in PDF form. It is based on the Communion proper; the people will love to sing it. It is "upbeat" - and quite appropriate with a joyful tune for this Gaudete Sunday.

Recessional - People, Look East

Mass parts: Kyrie, Gospel Acc., Prayer of the Faithful response, Holy, Memorial Acc., Amen, and Agnus Dei all based upon the chorale "Nun Komm, Der Heiden Heiland"
  • I should add - My parish is NOT the above mentioned Cathedral. It so happens they used the same piece for the entrance hymn that I used for Communion.
  • From Washington State:

Procession: The Advent of Our King
    Kyrie XVI
    Psalm: Fr. Weber
    Alleluia: Based on "O come o come Emmanuel"
    Offertory: Benedixisti Domine
    Ordinary: Missa Deus Genitor alme
    Communion: Dicite Pusillanimes
    O come o come Emmanuel, arr. by Mary Berry for SA
    Recessional: People Look East
  • incantuincantu
    Not a typical Sunday for us, but under the circumstances we could have done worse:

Prelude - Improvisation on the Circle of Fifths (or, rather, "Veni Emanuel") by Yours Truly

Entrance - Entrance Antiphon I "To You, O Lord", from By Flowing Waters (verses sung by choir women's and men's voices in alternation -- we do these entrance antiphons for all English Masses, every week)

Kyrie - (not called for, malheuresement)

Lectionary Response - Columba Kelly (the antiphon this week was so long, we chose to have the choir alone sing it at the beginning and end only, with verses sung straight through by cantor and choir in alternation -- highly unusual, as the antiphon is usually sung by the congregation, otherwise why not just sing the gradual?)

Alleluia - Dom Gregory Murry, with verse sung SATB from Cantor's Book of Gospel Acclamations (GIA - I know!)

Offertory - Conditor alme siderum, chant with polyphony of Praetorius in alternation (because we performed the complete chant propers for Our Lady of Guadalupe in our concert of Machaut's "Messe de Nostre Dame" this weekend, we neglected to prepare polyphony for the Offertory proper this week. Shame! Highly unusual)

Sanctus - "Missa Emmanuel" (Proulx) or Sanctus XVIII

Agnus - XVIII

Communion - Dicite: Pusilanimes (With the lovely accompaniment from NOH -- another unusual practice for us, who usually chant unaccompanied with verses from Communio -- followed by a simple organ meditation on the chant tune by Eugene Lindusky)

Deo gratias - Machaut
  • Saint Edward Catholic Church, Newark, CA
    10:00 AM Missa Cantata (OF)
    Choral Prelude: Hymn: Rorate caeli desuper ... Tone 1
    Gregorian Proper for Gaudete Sunday from Graduale Romanum
    Missa XVII for Sundays of Advent (with Kyrie C)
    Responsorial Psalm setting by Rev. Jeffrey R. Keyes, CPPS
    After Offertorium, the anthem: "This Is the Record of John" ... Orlando Gibbons
    After Communio with Psalm verse, the motet: "Cum audisset Ioannes: ... Diego de las Muelas
    After Dismissal: "Alma Redemptoris Mater" ... Tone 5
  • I DO like Samuel's idea of listing the time and form of the Mass...let's all try and do this, please.

Thanks, to all, I am pleased to read these.
  • For 4th Sunday of Advent:

Holy Ghost Church, Denver, CO - 10am - Latin NO

Introit: Rorate caeli (Gregorian Missal)
    Mass: Missa XVII (w/ Credo III)
    Graduale: Prope est Dominus (Chants Abrege)
    Acclamation: Veni Domine (Chants Abrege)
    Offertory Motet: Franz Biebl: Ave Maria
    Communion Chant: Ecce virgo concipiet (Gregorian Missal)
    Communion Motet: William Byrd: Rorate caeli
    Recessional Hymn: O Come O Come Emmanuel (Collegeville Hymnal)
  • GavinGavin
    Episcopal Church, Rite II Eucharist
    3rd Sunday:

Prelude: Nun Komm, Der Heiden Heiland - Bach
    Entrance Hymn: People, Look East
    Sequence Hymn: Blest be the King
    Offertory: There Shall a Star - Mendelssohn
    Communion Hymn: Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord - Moore
    Closing Hymn: Hark the Glad Sound, the Savior Comes
    Postlude: Venez, Divin Messie - Franck
  • Aaron
    9:30 AM (OF) 3rd Sunday of Advent
    Choral Prelude: Rejoice in the Lord from Simple Choral Gradual by Richard Rice
    Entrance Hymn: On Jordan�s Bank (Winchester New)
    Kyrie: XI Orbis Factor
    Responsorial Psalm: Gelineau
    Gospel Acclamation: Alleluia in G minor by Richard Proulx
    Intercessions: chanted with response from By Flowing Waters
    Offertory: Rejoice in the Lord (anonymous)
    At 5:30 PM Children�s Choir sang Rejoice in the Lord by Gieseke
    Sanctus: XVIII
    Acclamation and Amen: Missa Emmanuel by Proulx
    Agnus Dei: XVIII
    Communion: Psalm 85 Text from Graduale Simplex, Setting by Charles Thatcher WLP
    Followed by Creator Alme Siderum
    Hymn of Thanksgiving: When the King Shall Come Again (Gaudeamus Pariter)
    Postlude: Improvisation on Hark, the Glad Sound (Chesterfield/Richmond)
  • incantuincantu
    For those who are interested in this sort of thing, Cantica Nova posts repertoire lists from a number of different churches.
  • mahrt
    St. Thomas Aquinas Church, Palo Alto (OF in Latin; lessons sung in English)
    Third Sunday of Advent
    Celebrant, Augustine Thompson, O.P.

Organ Prelude: Pachelbel, Ich ruf zu dir
    Introit: Gaudete
    Kyrie XVII (congregation)
    Gradual: Qui sedes
    Alleluia: Excita
    Credo IV (congregation)
    Offertory: Benedixisti
    Motet: Tallis, Euge caeli porta
    Sanctus XVII (congregation)
    Agnus XVII (congregation)
    Communion: Dicite, pusillanimes alternating with psalm verses and with the polyphonic setting of Heinrich Isaac
    Organ Postlude: J. S. Bach, O Lamm Gottes unschuldig, BWV 1095

Fourth Sunday of Advent
    Fr. Thierry Geris, celebrant

Introit: Isaac, Rorate caeli
    Kyrie XVII (congregation)
    Gradual: Prope est Dominus
    Alleluia: Veni Domine
    Credo IV (congregation)
    Offertory: Ave Maria
    Motet: Leonel Power, Beata progenies
    Sanctus XVII (congregation)
    Agnus XVII (congregation)
    Communion: Ecce concipies alternating with psalm verses and with the polyphonic setting of Heinrich Isaac
    Choral postlude: Paolo Bivi, Verbum caro factum est
  • Dr. Mahrt - LOVE IT! So concise, logical and straight forward. I envy your singers.
  • incantuincantu
    Oooh, where can I find the Isaac Dicite? Is there a performing edition other than in the Works? We do the Jerusalem, surge and Ecce virgo and they're both fantastic.
  • mahrt
    Incantu,

We use the old edition from the Denkmäler der Tonkunst in Oesterreich; my singers all sing chant from chant notation, and it is a natural progression to singing from the old clefs of that edition. I would say that it takes no longer to get used to the clefs than it did to get used to the square notation in the chant. We use editions in modern clefs when they are available, but much of Isaac is only available in the old clefs. I sometimes set pieces using Finale, but I do not always have the time to do that.

A real piece of progress, however, is the new edition of the Lasso motets: now we have all of Lasso's motets in modern clefs in some twenty-two volumes. If you or your institution owns the volumes, you have free use of copyright material. This has allowed us to survey the pieces anew and to find some wonderful pieces. This has included a complete compline service using Lasso's music.
  • Saint Edward Catholic Church, Newark, CA
    10:00 AM Missa Cantata for ADVENT IV (OF)
    Choral Prelude "The Prophecies: Regem venturum Dominum venite adoremus" ... Tones V-VII
    Proper of Advent IV ... Graduale Romanum
    Mass XVII for the Sundays of Advent (with Kyrie C) (Accompanied by 12 yr old organ student)
    Psalm 80 set by Rev. Jeffrey R. Keyes, CPPS
    After Offertorium: Motet: "Ave Maria a 4" ... once attrib to Tomas Luis de Victoria
    After Communio w/ Psalm verses: "Ecce virgo concipiet" ... Heinrich Isaac
    After Blessing: "Alma Redemptoris Mater" ... Tone 5
    Sortie: "Toccata in C" ... Johann Pachelbel (Played by organ student)
  • incantuincantu
    Thanks!
  • Saint Mary’s Parish, California
    Order of Music-, 2009
    Fourth Sunday in Advent; Dec.20, 2009
    The first number references the Breaking Bread hymnal; the next number is the accompaniment page; hymnal.S=8:30/E=10am
    Antiphon: S Let the clouds rain down..” /Simple Choral Gradual/Rice.)
    Entrance: SE O COME, O COME EMMANUEL vs.1-4 (Veni, veni..) cp

Opening Rites: S Misa Oecumenica “Lord Have Mercy” (Proulx)
    E Kyrie (Sleeth)/no Gloria

Responsorial: SE Respond & Acclaim

Gospel Accl.: S Chant Mode VI
    E Alleluia (Sleeth)

Offertory: SE THE ANGEL GABRIEL FROM HEAVEN CAME (Gabriel’s message)

Eucharistic Accl.: S Misa Oecumenica (Proulx)
    E Holy/Christ/ Amen /Lamb (Sleeth)

Antiphon: S “The Vigin is with Child…”(SCG/Rice)
    Communion Procession: S O HOLY MARY (Alstott)
    E CHRIST, CIRCLE ‘ROUND US (Schutte)

Communion Anthem: S DIXIT MARIA ( Hans Leo Hassler)
    E THERE IS NOTHING TOLD (C.Willcock)

Recessional: SE O COME, O COME EMMANUEL vs5-7
  • St. Thomas Aquinas Camas, Washington
    11:30 Novus Ordo
    Processional: Hark a Herald Voice is Calling (Merton)
    Kyrie XVI
    Psalm: Fr. Weber
    Alleluia based on O come o come Emmanuel
    Offertory: Ave Maria, Mode VIII
    Ordinary: Missa Deus Genitor alme
    Communion: Ecce Virgo, Mode I
    Lo, How a Rose e'er Blooming
    Recessional: Rejoice, Rejoice Believers (Llangloffan)
  • I'd suggest that those willing post every week...this is very interesting. It's encouraging to those who have been able to implement programs that approach the sublime...but just as inspiring to read of musicians who are obviously working hard to make a dent in dry lands.
  • Dare I post what is done in a small village in Montana? (for Midnight Mass, Dec. 24)
    For the prelude: La Nativite by Jean Langlais, 2 Sonatas for organ and strings by Mozart, Bach (?) Cantata # 142 with choir, strings, & organ, Weihnachten by Max Reger, Gregorian propers, Gloria by William Mathias, Psalm (Anglican Chant), Offertory Anthem: Bell Carol by William Mathias, Mass for the City by Proulx, during communion: Pastorale by Vivaldi for violin, cello and organ, Bach Choralvorspiel (Rejoice Beloved Christians), Come Redeemer of the Earth arr. by Willcocks, and Bach Prelude In c major (9/8). (volunteer choir) and usual hymns: Adeste Fidelis and Silent Night.
  • marajoymarajoy
    This would be very interesting to put together something which made this format really easy to access regularly: either that people can just put up, "what did you hear" or even where people can put up, "what are you going to do?"
    I know some people post it on their blogs, or people might update this thread on this forum...but what if there could be a single place where lots and lots of people could and would post that every week?

Maybe there could be a particular discussion category dedicated to that on this forum, and every week someone could just start a new discussion...
    Or there could be a new website altogether devoted to that. (Canticanova's doesn't seem to be updated all that often.)

I can't really describe why--but I just love reading and skimming through these (obviously other people do too, or else no one would bother typing them up!)

(I second Noel's post, but he doesn't seem to have finished his first thought--what about those willing to post every week?)
  • - Christmas Vigil
    - Christmas: Mass at Night
    - Christmas: Mass during the Day

What do people think; should a new discussion category be created for lists like these?

I'd love a website dedicated to these lists; in fact, I toyed with incorporating this idea on my own site almost six years ago. The issues I see are development time (who has it?) and method of organization (e.g., I'd want such a website to be searchable by parish, Sunday of the year, form of the Roman Rite, etc.)
  • Dear Ari,

I definitely think that an "Sunday/HDoO Order of Music" category ought to be part of the forum. But, unlike the ones still currently functioning such as RPInet's, CCM's, etc., I suggest a couple of parameters:
    1. Orders only can be posted. Commentary/Criticisms +/- should center upon general principles, not upon the actual choices. There are too many circumstances, political realities, and issues surrounding those general principles that specificity could prove a disincentive to further posts from any interested parties. This is a haven of charity. People can get nasty elsewhere, even if it's over at NLM comboxes or Catholic Sen....well you know where! ;-)
    2. There should be an established archive of this "category" so that at a certain point, the order/data will shift to the upcoming or current Sunday/HD in question.

I agree, who has the time? BTW, how's my ANIMA CHRISTI coming? (Inside joke, folks!) Artwork almost assembled.

My twopence
    CtL
  • I don't often have opportunity to post here, but I thought I'd chime in to say that this is an excellent idea, one well worth pursuing. I agree, Aristotle, that the ability to search would be quite helpful, though preferably without the need for each author to engage in excessive tagging. Charles' caveat about the need to commentary relatively at bay is a good and, I think, necessary one!

Perhaps there would be a way to cross-post onto such a site for those of us running WordPress? I use it for the music portion of the St. Mary's website:
    http://stmarynorwalk.net/music/
  • AlVotta
    Solemnity of St Mary, Mother of God
    January 1st, 2010 – 6 pm
    St Benedict’s Monastery [Priorate], Jundiaí-SP, Brazil

Introit – Salve, sancta Parens [Ratisbona 1871]
    Confiteor – spoken in Portuguese
    Kyrie – sung in Portuguese (Kyrie Santa Paulina [Alfredo Votta]).
    Gloria – sung, responsorial, in Portuguese [Alfredo Votta]
    Responsorial Psalm – sung, Meinrad first tone [Father Columba Kelly]
    Alleluia – Post partum [Ratisbona 1871]
    Credo – spoken in Portuguese
    Offertory – Felix namque es [Ratisbona 1871]
    Sanctus – Sanctus IX, Latin
    Doxology – chanted in Portuguese
    Great Amen – [Jeff Ostrowski]
    Agnus Dei – Agnus Dei IX, Latin
    Communion – Exsulta, filia Sion [Graduale Romanum]
    Communion – Dialogue de voix humaine [Jean-Adam Guillain (1680-1739)] from Suite du troisième ton. Instrumental.
    Communion/Post-communion – 3 versets of the fourth tone [Abraham van den Kerckhoven(1618-1701)]. Instrumental.
    Final – Plein Jeu [Jean-Adam Guillain (1680-1739)] from Suite du quatrième ton. Instrumental.
  • Until we get a better way to list these, let's do it here...it's a really good way to find churches worth visiting.
  • This past weekend, fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time. Ordinary form.

Prelude: How Lovely Shines the Morning Star, Buxtehude

Entrance Hymn: The Master Came to Bring Good News

Psalm: I will sing of your salvation, Englert/Gelineau

Gospel Acc.: Alleluia in d minor, Berthier

Preparation: CHOIR, I Give You a New Commandment, Harold Owen, CanticaNova

Mass Ordinary: Mass for the City, Proulx

Communion: Faith, Hope, and Love, David Haas

Recessional: Love Divine, all Loves Excelling

Postlude: Tocatta in F Major, Buxtehude
  • gregpgregp
    Sexagesima Sunday:
    Introit: Exsurge
    Gradual: Sciant gentes
    Tract: Commovisti, Domine
    Offertory: Perfice gressus meos
    Motet: Ave Regina Caelorum (Solemn Tone)
    Communion: Introibo ad altare Dei
    Ordinary: Mass XVII
    After Last Gospel: Ave Regina Caelorum (Simple)
  • 4th Sunday of the Year
    10:00 Missa Cantata, OF The Visit of Most Rev. Salvatore J. Cordileone, Bishop of Oakland
    Prelude: Toccata in D Major ... Pachelbel (Played by HS student)
    "Ecce Sacerdos Magnus" ... Sir Edward Elgar
    Proper: Laetetur cor ... Graduale
    Mass VIII
    Psalm setting by Rev. Jeffrey R. Keyes w/ Fauxbourdon by Ludovico Viadana (Tone 1)
    Offertorium, followed by motet "Domine, Deus noster" ... Orlando di Lasso
    Communio, followed by motet "In te speravi" ... Hassler
    After the Blessing: Anthem "Alma Redemptoris Mater a 4" ... attr. G. P. Palestrina
    Procession: Toccata in F Major ... Pachelbel (Played by student)
  • January 31st, Patronal Feast Day of St. Thomas Aquinas, Camas, WA
    11:30 Novus Ordo
    Entrance: I sing the mighty power of God
    Mass VIII
    Psalm setting by Richard Rice
    Offertorium: Bonum est confiteri; followed by "With all the powers my poor soul hath"
    Communio: Illumina faciem tuam
    Ave Verum - Mozart
    Ecce Panis, plainsong
    Recessional: To Jesus Christ Our Soveriegn King
  • Monday, 1 Feb School Mass, Bishop Cordileone, Celebrant
    Prelude: Toccata in D ... Pachelbel (Played by JH student)
    Procession: "Father, We Praise You" ... CHRISTE SANCTORUM
    Introit: "Laetetur cor" (Sung by Children's Choir)
    Kyrie XVI, Gloria from "Congregational Mass" ... John Lee
    Psalm setting by Rev. Jeffrey R. Keyes
    Offertory Hymn: "I Want to Walk As a Child of the Light" ... HOUSTON
    Sanctus XVIII
    Memorial Acclamation & Amen from "Festival Eucharist" ... Richard Proulx
    Agnus Dei XVIII
    Communion Procession: "Psalm 31: Lord God, Be My Refuge and My Strength" ... Randolph Currie/Gelineau
    Procession: "Fugue in G Minor" from "Eight Little Preludes and Fugues" ... attrib. J. S. Bach (Played by student)
  • Saint Edward, Newark, CA
    21 February 2010 10:00 AM Missa Cantata OF, Children's Choir & Adult Choir
    Mass XVII
    Introit: Invocabit me, Graduale
    Responsorial Psalm: Setting of Psalm 91 in Tone 8 by Rev. Jeffrey Keyes, CPPS
    Gospel Acclamation in English, Tone 2 by Fr. Columba Kelly, OSB
    Offertory: Scapulis suis, Graduale; followed by "Parce Domine", S/A & T/B alternating verses.
    Communio: Scapulis suis, w/ verses from "Communio" ... Richard Rice
    After final blessing & Dismissal: "Ave Regina Caelorum" ... Simplex

28 Feb: Lent II 10:00 AM Missa Cantata OF, Adult Choir
    Mass XVII
    Introit: Tibi dixit cor meum, Graduale
    Responsorial Psalm setting by Rev. Jeffrey Keyes, CPPS
    Gospel Acclamation, Mode 2 by Fr. Columba Kelly, OSB
    Offertory: Meditabor in mandatis tuis, Graduale; followed by "O Nata Lux" ... Thomas Tallis
    Communio: "Visionem quam vidistis" w/ verses from "Communio" ... Richard Rice
    After final Blessing & Dismissal: "Ave Regina Caelorum" ... Antonio Lotti