The Colloquium Documentary
  • AOZ
    and more. much more.

Glory days ahead for sacred music in this country. Everyone post away! Link everywhere on the planet!

Thank you Corpus Christi Watershed - Dr. Varholy, Jeff O, and the whole team.
  • Scott Turkington offers the Chironomy class at both the colloquium and at the chant intensives. Has Corpus Christi Watershed considered the possibility of working with Scott to produce and sell an instructional Chironomy DVD?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dear Brian,

I think that's a great idea, if Maestro Turkington is willing, and we've been trying to work on doing something like that ----- I think it's a situation where we have a lot of wonderful ideas, but we are trying to take one thing at a time.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    VIEW THE ENTIRE COLLOQUIUM DOCUMENTARY ONLINE
    quick link to Video URL
  • For those who insist on the necessity of "programming" music people "like" at Mass....I challenge you to watch this video in its entirety with pencil and pad in hand and each time you find something being sung that you would replace with something people "like" make a pencil mark on the pad.

If anyone, anyone, feels that your congregation is better served by a "mix" of music....instead of music like this that strives for perfection rather than to be something the people will like to hear...
  • JDE
    Noel,

alas that not every pastor is willing to do what needs to be done -- if indeed he is even in tune with what is SUPPOSED to be done. Our opinions (even though they reflect the will of the Church as declared in the documents) don't really matter much in that context.

I would absolutely do this kind of music, if we had the resources. But the pastor and the congregation have made it clear that their opinion of sacred music ranges from indifferent ("I don't care what kind of music you do as long as it doesn't make Mass take longer") to hostile ("I'll get E-mails" or "those are the Bad Old Days of the church and we're not going backward like that").

If I leave right now, the folkies are waiting to take over the whole operation. So should I just quit my job and be pure (if also poor)? Or should I try to sneak in some real music along the way until I get a pastor who actually is willing to support me while I clean up?
  • But you see, we agree that this IS the music that should be done. And that's what I am talking about. I'm not suggesting quitting or any drastic action at your position.
  • You are in the trenches, Yurodivi, and my response to your question is go stealthily as long as you can stand it.
    Remembering that all we do is given to God, and then considering your own voice, musical skill, and faithfulness to the Church... let's just say I'd bet He is pleased.

Not that you need my vote of confidence, but after singing next to you I am prompted to say that you will make a difference wherever you are. Its just a matter of which doors God opens and which you walk through.

I don't intend to steer the conversation away from the DVD, which is AWESOME. Just wanted to chime in on your thoughts, Yurodivi.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    **<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>

WATCH THE ENTIRE PRODUCTION ONLINE RIGHT NOW by clicking this link

**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>**<>

Corpus Christi Watershed has produced a documentary on the Sacred Music Colloquium. In preparation for the release of the DVD, the entire video has been put online. musicfortheliturgy.org/cmaa

Corpus Christi Watershed has also received positive & very encouraging news concerning other broadcast avenues for this documentary (including exciting collaborations with television networks). We will keep you posted of any details.

CMAA VIDEO DVD TRAILER [Corpus Christi Watershed]

Many on this forum are already aware of the work that Corpus Christi Watershed has begun with Liturgical Projects over the past two years.

• Amazing to me all you folks have done!
    Thanks so much for your service, and may God reward you. So glad you will keep us posted as to any airings of the video.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Mary Ann, I really enjoyed your comments on the movie. (Of course, I liked everyone's!)
  • Oh, no. I've only been able to watch half of it so far, slow computer.

Jeff, does that mean you'd consider hiring me? Seriously, I really loved the CCW folks. You all have something really special.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Mary Ann: please make sure that "HD is off" ---- that should help a LOT

quick link to Video URL
  • Taking advantage of the mid-Atlantic snowstorms, I sent the link to a raft of people who may be snowed in with extra time on their hands. Another 10-20 inches more snow is expected today and tomorrow.
  • Kathy
    David,

Hopefully we'll still be socked in next Sunday too.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    THANKS SO MUCH ! This type of "word-of-mouth" advertisement is so very important!

We really appreciate all you who have posted this Colloquium video on your blogs and shared it with family/friends.

quick link to Video URL