Prayers, please
  • mjballoumjballou
    For my quite elderly mother who's back in the hospital for the second time in three weeks.
    Many thanks.
  • CharlesW
    Prayers for you and your mother.
  • Kathy
    praying...
  • God bless her and you, Mary Jane.
    Charles and Wendy
  • Maureen
    Praying.
  • JennyJenny
    praying...
  • Praying, MJ. Meant to comment yesterday.
  • G
    Prayers going up.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • miacoyne
    Mary Jane, how is your mom doing? I hope she is doing better. Please let us know. I prayed for your mom at the Mass.
    Mia
  • mjballoumjballou
    Do keep those prayers going. She's a fighter and getting great care. And know that I pray for all of you who are praying for her.
  • mjballoumjballou
    My mother, Joanna, died this evening. May she rest with the saints.
  • eft94530eft94530
    And rise to glory!
  • Mark M.Mark M.
    My heart goes out to you, Mary Jane.
  • CharlesW
    May her memory be eternal. Prayers for you and your family.
  • So sorry MJ. May your family be consoled in their sorrow by the knowledge of her great joy.
  • Dearest Mary Jane,
    Knowing you, your mother must have been a singularity of an extraordinary woman among many of her generation. Wendy and sang a funeral up in Oakland today of another such woman.
    Every time I listen to you play "She moved through the faire" I will think upon her moving through the heavenly banquet in the Holy City on this special date and day.
    Blessings to you and your sister,
    Charles and Wendy
  • Mr. Z
    Deeply sorry. Prayers.
  • don roy
    you are also in my prayers.
  • Kathy
    I'm so sorry, Mary Jane. Lux aeterna luceat eis, Domine.
  • Hi, MJ. My prayers are with you and your sister. I am truly sorry.

I also concur with Charles- your mother must be an extraordinary woman. And I echo the prayers of eft- may she rise to glory with the saints! May she rest in peace, and may you be comforted by her prayers.
  • Very sorry to hear of your loss, Mary Jane. I will pray for the repose of her soul and for your family's healing and consolation.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

--Mary Ann in IA
  • mjballoumjballou
    Here's a little piece about my mother from my blog:
    Sacred Miscellany
  • Grits, hominy and tamales! Now I know why I have yet another sibling from another wonderful woman/mother, MJ (remember my tamale hunt in San Diego?)
    God is great, all the time.
    CtL
  • JennyJenny
    Prayers for you and for your mother. May she rest with the saints.
  • MJ, I went to your blog and am giggling through weepy eyes at the pictures your paint of your Mimi. My favorite was the image of your Mother with tons of hatboxes and shoes and the look on your Dad's face. Then, when you described the lady in the front row asking intelligent questions, I could only see you. :)

Sounds like your Mother's life was marked by equal measure of love and adventure. Praise God, as both are able to make it through the fog!