Responsorial Psalms
  • Hello everyone! I was wondering, what kind of psalms responses do you use (composer)? I need some serious help finding a nice appropriate responsorial psalm for each Sunday and Holy Day Mass at my church. What do you think?

Thanks.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    More than 1,500 free Responsorial Psalms are HERE.

This is still a work in progress, but if you explore the beginning of Year C and the end of Year B, I feel you'll get a nice "overview" of this project.

HERE is Christmas (Daytime) ABC, for example
  • I am actually using a Chabanel psalm this Sunday. I think they are very nice. What other psalms are people using?
  • Michel Guimont's psalms, avaliable from GIA in a bound volume cover the church year, are very accessible, and are very lovely.

Of course there is also the old gelineau, which I really like and are nice, although a bit more challenging.
  • Carl DCarl D
    I use nothing but psalms from the Chabanel site any more. That's a bunch of talented composers!
  • BruceL
    To the above recommendations, I'd add Fr. Samuel Weber's settings. They are simple without being plain.
  • Where could I find Fr. Samuel Weber's settings?

Any more suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!
  • There are links to all modern chant compositions (including responsorial psalms) at:

Modern Chant Compositions at Liturgical Music Resources

It's a slowly growing beta site. Link because I have just l read Learn to Link or Die. Colorful prose.
  • chonakchonak
    Good linking, Frogman!
  • Even a blind frog finds a fly once in awhile.

But I love the t-shirt I bought for my wife:

Frog saying: "Time's fun when you're having flies."</b
  • BruceL
    Where could I find Fr. Samuel Weber's settings?

The best way is to just email him (weber@kenrick.edu), but you can find some of the settings on the Archdiocese of St. Louis site (http://www.archstl.org/worship/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=230). I'm not sure why the ones on there are sometimes handwritten, but the files Fr. Samuel will send you will look much better.