Trouble with CPDL.org
  • Is anyone else having trouble entering cpdl.org today? I keep getting a request for user name and password, which I
    have never received before. I can't even enter from links on other sites. Help!
    Sam Dorlaque
  • I think this is all fixed
  • Thanks, Jeffrey,
    But I just tried again without success. I even tried the link from MusicaSacra's homepage. I get an icon
    reading: "The server www.cpdl.org at Username and password: ChoralWiki requires a username and password.
    Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic
    authentication without a secure connection)." When I close this window an 404 error report comes up.
    I never registered a username or password at CPDL and have never before been asked for one to enter the
    website.
  • gregpgregp
    Same here.
  • eft94530eft94530
    tue nov 24 @ 1157 pdt
    using firefox 3.0.4
    http://www.cpdl.org
    gets rewritten to be
    http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php
    and takes a long time to load then looks like a blank page
    View -> Show Page Source (html stuff edited out)
    ---
    500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or
    misconfiguration and was unable to complete
    your request.
    Please contact the server administrator,
    webmaster@cpdl.org and inform them of the time the error occurred,
    and anything you might have done that may have
    caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available
    in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.cpdl.org Port 80
    ---
  • They get so slammed this time of the year, that one does expect the occasional crash.
  • PeterG
    I also am being asked for username and password which has never happened before. And I can't see any place to susbscribe. I tried a query to webmaster@cpdl.org but this bounced back to me. If/when anyone solves this, please post the answer.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    same problem here
  • I did the 'sign in' link from the 'name/password' page this morning and all went well. I had NO luck whatsoever yesterday, however. Perhaps it is now fixed.
  • PennyPenny
    They tried migrating the site to another server unsuccessfully, so it's back at the old backup site: choralwiki.org

There's the forum where they make announcements about problems. Apparently the site has been overwhelmed by bots and spiders. Yesterday you could log in with the default. It doesn't work today.

So for now you need your log in. You can create a user account.
  • it seems fine to require a login
  • Oops. Now I see that I am logged in. I did set one up since I contributed.