Fun Run at Colloquium 2008
  • AOZ
    Yes, it's true! 6:00am, Tuesday, June 17th. Put on your running shoes and join us for a short two miles around the Loyola track. If you're not a runner, grab a cup of coffee and cheer on the runners with a rousing few verses of the Veni Creator.

If you are interested in helping with the organization of the Run for Chant at this year's Colloquium, please write to me.
  • G
    From my study of the subject, I have come to the conclusion that the sweetest fruit of the Liturgical reform movement of the last century and of VCII was the gradual shortening of the Eucharistic fast, lessening the demand for the Crack-O-Dawn Mass and thereby allowing musicians to stay up later than the average 6 year old, of a Saturday night.
    And you are trying to tell me people would of their own volition get up that early to.... oh, I can hardly type the word..... EXERCISE?
    I need to go lie down on my fainting couch....
    [snark mode off]
  • GavinGavin
    G: Mass will precede the run. Extreme Unction will follow it. :P
  • But what if the runners get to wear a neume on their shirts? So he is a punctum, she is a torculus, etc. I claim porectus.

Who wouldn't get up early for that?
  • AOZ
    Well, of course it is optional! Could make a really fun Youtube moment - and put to bed once for all the myth that chant enthusiasts are stodgy and boring.

G - your mention of a fainting couch has made my day! Ah, civility....