Nova Organi Harmonia Website
  • npadley
    Posts: 2
    Hi all - I recently found myself searching through the NOH for chants and getting myself organized so that I know what's upcoming each Sunday. In order to support that, I had an idea pop into my head - what if all the books systems were sliced apart and put together in an exportable format by day of week, feast, etc... and fully searchable for organists who want to quickly find what they need.

    I recently started a website to help anyone else who might find this useful at https://cantusorgani.org with the goal of pairing up both the NOH accompaniments with the fully 1962 liturgical calendar and the accompanying typeset Gregorian chants.

    Most of this website is machine matched - so it's a work in progress. However, I'm seeking feedback and input on overall usability and usefulness. Thank you in advance!
  • TLMlover
    Posts: 169
    Totally awesome.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • LarsLars
    Posts: 144
    Search feature of chants is really helpful.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • francis
    Posts: 11,432
    Nice! Thanks for doing this.

    (Next comes the editor? Page size, font and staff size, etc.)
  • npadley
    Posts: 2
    That's an interesting suggestion. I'll research and see if there's a way to do that - since I'm referencing existing typeset versions where I can match them that were meant to duplicate the exact engraving.
  • francis
    Posts: 11,432
    @Npadley

    That would be the bees knees I’ll tell you… I’m constantly condensing scores to fit on my iPad. A lot of times the horizontal loud of music allows for more space inside of measures in between measures which forces everything to go to multiple pages. I’ve even horizontally squashed some of the NOH accomps within Indesign And knocked out space between systems to get a lot more real estate on one page.

    I’ll be curious to see what your decision is on doing something like this.

    Most grateful!

    FK