Profound Thank You
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends,

Thank you SO MUCH for all you do!

What an inspiration this forum is!!!!!!!

I just got a catalog from a major publisher of liturgical music...so depressing! I could cry! Not a single piece of chant in the entire thing.

But what YOU ALL are doing is fantastic. Let us all continue to pray to our Savior & Lord.
  • It's because they can't make money on chant now that there is so much for free here. Don't lose heart, my friend, they are catering to their market while it still lasts.
  • JDE
    It has a Last Days of Pompeii feel about it, you know?
  • JDE
    And Jeff O, thank you for all the work on the Chabanel Psalms and the Daniel Mass Parts!

I'm sending you a PDF of the ones I'm using. I added brief introductions to them and redid the typesetting so they would all be matchy matchy.

Vivent les Psaumes de Chabanel!
  • eft94530eft94530
    At least that major publisher is selling copies of "Sing To The Lord: Music In Divine Worship"
    with the seventh word of the title correctly stated.
    Their magazine-like publication likes to remember the past,
    replacing D__ with C__.
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    I want to ditto Jeff, and thank everyone for all their help. Starting the Cathedral Chant School, I'm full of questions, and I know I wouldn't be getting the quality of answers I'm seeking if it wasn't for all of you. Also a big thanks to the CMAA, without which I'd be COMPLETELY lost in this new project! The two colloquiums I've been to have made the difference between me thinking I have just enough knowledge with which to survive teaching chant, and being confident that I really have something unique and concrete to offer.

And Jeff, I'm mentioning the Chabanel Psalms in my final session of the cathedral's chant crash course next Wednesday.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Wow! Neat!

Did I get a chance to meet you at the Colloquium?
  • AngelaRAngelaR
    Hi Jeff, I don't think we did get the chance to meet. I kept a somewhat low profile at the Colloquium, since I'm still kind of new to this stuff (at least from a teacher's perspective). Next Wednesday I'll be going through a packet of copies related to the fourth Sunday of Advent from the Chants of the Church, American Gradual, Anglican Use Gradual, the Chabanel Psalms, and Father Weber's music. My theory is, inundate them with the intricacies of chant now, and then give them simple resources which they can realistically use in their parishes when they go back. Then they get the best of both worlds, and are hopefully inspired to join our schola in the process to continue learning. :)