Revised Ordinaries
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    We continue to make progress:

Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, Agnus Dei new Masses added every day or so
  • Mr. Z
    Would a pop filter and a little ambiance, (reverb) be in order?
  • I think Jeff's pretty set in chant and early music in general, so there's little chance of any Bobby Darin sneaking in. Now, as far as ambiance, some candles and incense would be nice.

I do think that the clean approach to recording he uses is very helpful to singers.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    hi, mr. z

pop filter is already being used

isaac jogues was recorded in an ambient space, but folks wrote us and said they want it "clean" so they can hear the pronunciation

In Christ,

JMO
  • Mr. Z
    Ok - but K-Kan I send u the bill if the K-K sound blows a hole in my speaker. {((@))} :-()

With artificial ambiance, you can of course dial it in with whatever dry/wet balance, length of decay time, no need to obliterate the intelligibility of the phonetics.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    mr. z,

I am just relaying what people have asked us to do --- we try to gear the site towards that --- a lot of times I think I have a great idea, but it turns out not to be helpful, so we drop it ---- what the pop filter does is basically make sure that the air hitting the microphone doesn't cause distortion, but the "k" sounds will still be there, even with the pop filter I am using