Pentecost Magnificat Antiphon in English (HELP!)
  • Bombarde16
    Hello Hivemind...

This is for NO Vespers this coming Sunday.

As of right now, I am planning to use Hodie Compléti Sunt (sung by the choir alone) from the Liber (Page 886) in combination with the updated English Magnificat text from the USCCB. (possible a hermeneutic of continuity joke/thought here?)...

Ideally, I would be using all english or all latin. As of now, I have not found any settings of the Magnificat Antiphon for II Vespers of Pentecost in English that tries to reach beyond the bar of "functional/usable." Does anyone have any access or recommendations to beautifully composed antiphons (preferrably chant, though fauxbourdon is plenty fine as well!) that could be sung by the choir only?

NOTE: The Magnificat text will be sung by all to Mode VIII, solemn tone....

In advance, thank you for your time and help!

(I could compose one myself, but my mind is drawing blanks on where to start....)
  • davido
    I PM'ed you
    Thanked by 1Bombarde16
  • Andrew_Malton
    I did this for Ordinariate Vespers, perhaps it will help.

We sing the Mag to an Anglican chant in mode VI so we won't have any, cough, modal continuity. As usual.
    1800 x 1389 - 209K
  • Bombarde16
    Thank you both!!!
  • Richard R.
    Sorry for the delay. I am out of town, but am sending what I have at hand. Hope it might be useful. The "collection" is still a ways off, all to be redone when ICEL finishes it's new LOH.

Best wishes,

Richard
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen