1960 Divinum Officium : Download Complete Files
  • francis
    I would like to get the entire set of files for the liturgy of the hours on my computer (Mac)… it looks a bit technical to download the files does anybody already have them?
  • Andrew_Malton
    Open a Terminal.app and type “git clone https://github.com/DivinumOfficium/divinum-officium” and you'll have them. And much else besides.
  • francis
    well, you 'get' them, and then you have to know how to configure the files... yes?

PS... i already have to install developer tools before i can run the command line...
  • Andrew_Malton
    Well, Yes.

You did ask “get” and “download”, but those are the easy parts.

What is your desired final result or use case?

For example “pray the office daily without the internet” or “search for phrases or antiphons” or “create a concordance” or “print an entire book for 2023-2024” ?

• francis
    pray the office daily without the internet

Thanks Andrew…

A simple html file system would be great but a single pdf would also work fine year by year.

I have Breviarium Meum for phone and iPad but it’s not available for older Mac OSX

Also, when I am offline I want to pray anyway.
  • Andrew_Malton
    It doesn't conveniently support the production of a single PDF for the whole year.

However if you click on “Omnia” it generates a whole day, and then if you File > Export as PDF in Safari you'll get one day to use offline. Agreed if you click on “Ordo” you can easily navigate to other days. I think this is the easiest way to get what you want, although it would be a little tedious to do 365 times for a whole year.

I have nice technology at home which weighs less than a laptop, and contains the entire Office and uses no internet at all. It's amazing. It doesn't support PDF though.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • Francis,

Why not just use a Breviary?
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    bad eyesight, travelability, convenience, praying it with others, etc.
  • igneusigneus
    See the epub/mobi files with pregenerated texts mentioned here: https://divinumofficium.com/www/horas/Help/download.html

The website does not specify which breviary/rubrics version the files are generated for, but it's clearly 1960 (Sundays per annum with single Matins of three lessons only).
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    Yes, I have been to that page, but it’s like going down a rabbit hole when you start clicking on links. I do not want to get into huge installs, etc. Thanks just the same.

Right now I am using Breviarium Meum downloading a week at a time.
  • igneusigneus
    I meant the final part of this paragraph:

... It is possible to generate Missal and Breviary files in .mobi or .ePub format, with all texts generated on a monthly basis. Please refer to our GitHub site for details. They can also be downloaded from the following site: http://breviarium.srubarovi.cz

No huge installs required (unless installing some e-book reader is a huge install for you), the website offers ready to use pregenerated hours in .mobi and .epub format for whole months or years.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francis
    Will check it out